Italian Turkey Cutlets – thick pieces of turkey seared and topped with pesto, tomatoes, and melty cheese. Ready in 15 minutes, and great any night of the week!
I love Turkey Cutlets. They are super easy, fast, and affordable. And best of all, they don’t taste like Turkey. Those of you that don’t like Turkey will get what I am saying. The turkey you get at Thanksgiving is turkey to me. I am happy with having that once a year, but after that, I am good. Turkey Cutlets though, don’t taste like that. The texture is way different, and I just like them.
Italian turkey cutlets are a great way to mix up dinner and keep your family happy. Lemon Turkey Cutlets are another one of our favorites. Super healthy, flavorful, and anything but boring.
Turkey can be boring. It is low in calories and fat, and doesn’t have a ton of flavor on its own. So you have to add it! That is exactly what happens here. The turkey is browned and then topped with pesto, tomatoes and melted cheese. You can use fresh tomatoes when they are in season, or even canned tomatoes work.
I have been making these Italian turkey cutlets for years. It was one of the first recipes I came up with after I got married. I love just about anything with pesto, it adds so much flavor. You could use your favorite homemade pesto to. Or even a Spinach Pesto would be delicious.
How to Make Turkey Cutlets
- Season both side of the turkey with salt and pepper and then brown in the pan for about 5 minutes. You want it to be golden brown.
- Flip the turkey and top with pesto, tomatoes and cheese. Cover and let it cook for about 5 more minutes.
- The cheese will melt as the turkey finishes cooking.
- Once the turkey is cooked through you are done and ready to serve.
This turkey cutlet recipe could not be faster to make. Turkey cutlets are thin and cook in just minutes, so they are great for busy weeknights.
What To Serve with Turkey Cutlets
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- 2 turkey cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbls Pesto
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup Mozarella cheese, shredded
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil. Season both sides of turkey with salt and pepper.
- Add turkey to the pan, and brown on one side for about 5 minutes.
- Flip and top with with pesto, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Cover the pan, leaving a slight opening for steam to escape. Cook for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the turkey is cooked.
Amount Per ServingCalories 250Saturated Fat 4gCholesterol 76mgSodium 488mgCarbohydrates 2gSugar 1gProtein 29g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!