Roasted Green Beans with Sesame and Garlic – green beans ready in less than 10 minutes! Seasoned with sesame, garlic and topped with sesame seeds.
I swear side dishes are the hardest thing to come up with. My family can never agree on anything. I would have roasted asparagus almost every night if I could. My guys, not a chance. They would much rather have cheddar bay biscuits, or some other bread.
Sometimes I try to trick them with something like crispy cauliflower fritters. They get vegetables, but think they are eating something bad for them. Roasting vegetables has to be my favorite way to eat them, so why not try roasting green beans!
Why You’ll Love Roasted Green Beans
- Easy – just like almost every other roasted vegetable, you just toss them with some seasoning, put on a tray and let them cook. Great for while working on other things for dinner.
- Flavorful – this gives the green beans so much flavor! The slight char on the outside, plus the soy and garlic just make the green beans shine.
- Goes With Anything – if you are having anything from burgers to chicken or even meatloaf, this works great! They will pair with just about any main, so you can use it whenever you have fresh green beans available.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Green Beans
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
Green beans is something I like to grow in my garden each summer, just so I can eat them. I grew up having them steamed with a little butter and salt. But roasted green beans are kind of amazing. They stay crunchy and are so good.
How To Make Roasted Green Beans
- Get your oven nice and hot. These use the broiler to make it super fast.
- Toss the greens with the sesame oil and soy sauce, and then arrange on a baking tray.
- Add the garlic and then cook for just a few minutes, flip and cook for a few more minutes.
- Once they have a slight char remove from the oven and toss with sesame seeds before serving.
What to Serve Roasted Green Beans With
These roasted green beans are great with just about anything. Are you grilling chicken? How about Cilantro Lime Chicken. Or maybe burgers? Jalapeno Bacon Burgers would be perfect.
So if you are just trying to get your family to eat more vegetables, looking for a side dish you can use in minutes, or green beans are on sale at the grocery store; these roasted green beans will not disappoint.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
Roasted Green Beans
Roasted Green Beans with Sesame and Garlic - green beans ready in less than 10 minutes! Seasoned with sesame, garlic and topped with sesame seeds.
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pound green beans, , trimmed
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat broiler to high heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine sesame oil and soy sauce. Toss with green beans until well coated.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Mix in sliced garlic.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 442mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 4g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- 4th Of July Poke Cake - June 6, 2023
- Strawberry Jelly - June 5, 2023
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla - June 2, 2023
Thursday 1st of June 2023
I really wanted to like this because green beans are my favorite, but I had trouble burning the sauce before they were done enough to be tender. Maybe it was the beans I had. Anyhow I'll try again, as it wasn't exactly how I imagined it.
Tuesday 30th of May 2023
This is really good! Such a great side dish!
Friday 26th of May 2023
Love this! Such an easy and incredibly delicious side dish!
Friday 26th of May 2023
I love green beans! I will make it as a side dish for my tonight grilled chicken dinner!
Thursday 25th of May 2023
I love the kick of the garlic in this recipe, and the texture and extra flavor of roasting the beans is excellent.