Caprese Pasta Salad – turn classic caprese salad into a quick pasta salad. Great for summer get togethers, quick lunches, or a light dinner!
Happy Memorial Day weekend!! The unofficial kick off to summer. I hope you get to enjoy an extra day off, and spend the time with family and friends. Break out the grill and invite friends over! Kick back and just have fun! Make sure you take a little time out of your day on Monday to remember all of those who lost their lives while serving our country. Without them, we would not live the lives we do today! I have lots of family, friends, and friends children who are or have been in the military. It is a selfless job, and I am beyond thankful they are interested in doing it.
I think side dishes can be the hardest part of a meal to plan. In the summer I rely on pasta salads all the time! I can make it at the beginning of the week, and we have a side dish for a few nights. Or I will have the leftovers for lunch the next day. Pasta salads are so easy too! At least the ones I make. I almost always stick with some kind of vinaigrette dressing, so I don’t have to worry about mayo or something else going bad if I am taking it to a barbecue. This pasta salad is a fun take on the classic caprese salad!
Caprese salad is another perfect summer salad. Fresh juice tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella cheese all come together with pasta and a balsamic vinaigrette in this recipe. Take advantage of the tomatoes that are popping up all over the place, and the basil that you have growing in your garden. For this vinaigrette I used the STAR Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Gold Edition is available at select Walmart stores and online at http://bit.ly/STARGoldVin.
- 1 pound pasta, , cooked according to the package directions
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, , halved
- 1 (8oz) package fresh mozzarella, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, , chopped
- 1/2 cup STAR Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Gold Edition
- 1/4 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, , grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl combine pasta, tomato, cheese, and basil. Set aside.
- In a bowl or Mason jar mix together all the ingredients for the dressing. Shake until well combined.
- Start by pouring 1/2 the dressing mixture over the pasta. Mix until combined. Taste, and add more dressing as necessary.
- Extra dressing can be added to any leftover pasta salad the next day.