BLT Pasta Salad – Turn the classic BLT sandwich in a pasta salad with a creamy dressing. Great for lunch, dinner, parties, potlucks, or just about anytime.
As soon as the weather starts to warm up, I am all about making pasta salad. It is great to have in the fridge for lunch or to make a side dish when grilling out or even take to parties or pot lucks. Plus there are a ton of different ways you can mix up the flavors. If you like Mexican food, this Taco Pasta Salad is a must try for sure!
In the summer when you can find fresh tomatoes at the farmer’s market or even your garden, a BLT is a must. It is probably my favorite sandwich in the summer. The Garlic Bread BLT is usually on repeat all summer long. Putting all of those flavors into a pasta salad is just a fun and delicious idea!
Plus bacon! Crisp perfectly cooked bacon just makes everything better, especially this pasta salad. Smokey, salty bacon with fresh juicy tomatoes is just a great combination.
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions, drain and rinse with cold water until they are chilled.
- Make the dressing by mixing together mayo, yogurt, chives and garlic until well blended.
- Mix together cooked pasta, crispy bacon, romaine lettuce, and tomatoes.
- Toss with dressing until well coated.
- Best served immediately.
How Long Does Pasta Salad Last In the Fridge
Normally pasta salad lasts for a few days in the fridge, but because of the fresh lettuce in this one it is best on the day it is made.
BLT Pasta Salad Tips
- You can use any shortcut pasta you have to make this salad. Bowtie, Penne, and Rotini all work very well
- If you don’t have romaine lettuce you can use iceberg or even baby spinach.
- I like starting with raw bacon and cooking until crisp, but you can use pre-cooked bacon or even bacon those bacon pieces in the salad aisle if that is all you have. Not the bacon bits, but the actual pieces of real bacon that are often in a jar.
- The dressing is a mix of mayo, Greek yogurt, garlic and chives. I prefer this to the ranch and mayo dressing that you often see on this salad. But you can substitute ranch dressing for the yogurt.
BLT Pasta Salad Variations
There are lots of different things that you can add to this salad to make it even better!
- Cheddar Cheese – Add shredded or even cubes of cheddar cheese
- Avocado – fresh diced avocado is a great addition
- Onions – finely diced red onions
- Protein – if you want to turn it into a meal adding chicken makes this a full dinner
More Salad Recipes
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Caesar Pasta Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Southwestern Cobb Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Southwestern Corn Salad
BLT Pasta Salad
BLT Pasta Salad - Turn the classic BLT sandwich in a pasta salad with a creamy dressing. Great for lunch, dinner, parties, potlucks, or just about anytime.
- 1 pound short cut pasta, cooked according to the package directions and cooled
- 1 (16 oz) package bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cup romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In small bowl combine mayo, Greek yogurt, garlic powder, chives, salt and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- In large bowl mix together cooked pasta, crumbled bacon, romaine lettuce and tomatoes.
- Pour mayo mixture over top; mix until creamy and well combined.
- Best served cold. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 271Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 18mgSodium 459mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
**I was compensated by Jones Dairy Farm for this post. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts possible.
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
This will be great for out weekend picnics. Plenty of flavor, easy to make, and delicious.
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel says
This looks SO delicious! I’m now totally craving bacon.
Wowza! The whole month is devoted to BLTs?! I better have one and this salad!
Looking at your dish, I think a like it better as a salad than a sandwich. It’s because you make it even more appetizing. This would be perfect for some together with my relatives.
I love this pasta! It has a lot of flavor. My family loves this recipe! Thanks!
This looks like a total winner and I think I’ve got everything I need to make it tomorrow!
katerina @ diethood.com says
WOW! This pasta salad sounds amazing! I can’t wait to try it!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes says
This pasta salad looks incredibly delicious!! I can’t wait to try it!
I want to dig into this right now! I am getting stuff to make this asap!
I love that this could be a side dish or the whole meal! Delicious!