Air Fryer Chicken Tenders – make crispy, golden, juicy chicken tenders in the air fryer in just minutes! Perfect weeknight dinner recipe.
This post is sponsored by Ibotta. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
My family loves chicken tenders. I am not sure what it is about them, but all of us are big fans. We love trying them at new restaurants and always buy frozen ones at the store, they are just a staple in our house.
When my son was little I used to make these Grown-up Chicken Nuggets with him. He would use little tongs to help them and then we would bake them. Well now you can use your air fryer and they are even more crispy and ready in no time!
I am excited to be partnering with Ibotta for this year. You guys know I am a fan of their app, a friend introduced me to it probably 6 years ago, and I have been using it ever since. For me it is the easiest way to save money ever! I am horrible at coupons, but for this all you have to do is scan your receipt. It works for online, grocery pick up or in-store shopping.
All of the stores I shop at, including Target, Walmart, my local grocery stores, and even Amazon are on the app. You just select which items you purchased and then scan them. The deals are always changing, so there are new ways to earn cash back all the time. It is by far the easiest way I have found to earn cash back!
How To Make Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer
- The key to crispy chicken tenders is the breading process. So have 3 bowls set up in front of you. Beat an egg in one. Put flour in the other. And the third will have your breadcrumbs.
- Start by dipping your chicken in flour. You want to lightly coat the chicken, so gently shake off any excess.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture until it is evenly coated and no white flour remains.
- Then press it into your breadcrumb mixture. You want to make sure that it really sticks to the outside. Place on a plate while you finish the rest of the chicken.
- Spray the bottom of your air fryer basket with vegetable spray, and then spray the chicken tenders. If you have a mister this works best so you don’t spray off any of the coating.
- Place chicken into the air fryer basket and cook at 400º for about 5 minutes per side. If you want it extra crispy you can go for 1 more minute, but don’t go for long or your chicken will dry out.
How Long To Cook Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer
At 400º it takes a total of 10 minutes for chicken tenderloins to cook in the air fryer. You will cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. To be sure your chicken is fully cooked insert a meat thermometer and it should read 165º.
What To Serve With Chicken Tenders
You can serve with your favorite dipping sauce. My family is partial to Canes Sauce, which is super easy to make. But Ranch, Barbecue, Honey Mustard or even Buffalo Sauce are all good ideas.
- Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Southwestern Chickpea Salad
- Italian Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Mix up your seasonings. You really can flavor these a million different ways, this is just a base recipe for you. Add some taco seasoning in the mix and use plain breadcrumbs. Add chili powder and cayenne to make them spicy. Whatever you like, you can mix it up and make it your own.
- Make sure your chicken is in an even layer and not overlapping when you put them in the air fryer. You want to make sure that air can circulate and get your chicken crispy.
- Be sure that your chicken is evenly sized. You can buy chicken tenderloins at the store, but they are more expensive that regular chicken breasts. So if you cut your own, just make sure they are the same size so they cook evenly and are all done at the same time.
- For a crispy coating follow the breading process. I know the 3 bowl process seems like a lot, but it really does give you that crunchy coating and keeps the chicken nice and juicy.
To make this recipe I used a Cosori 5.8 Qt Air Fryer. It is big enough that you can fit plenty of food in, and the basket comes out so you can easily shake, stir, or flip whatever you are making.
Sign up for the Ibotta App or use their browser extension and start earning cash back on your groceries today! There are currently multiple deals for chicken in the app, so pick up some today and this can be dinner in just minutes!
**All offers were valid as of publishing date. Don’t forget to check your app for details as offers change frequently and may not be available in all areas.
More Great Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Dorito Casserole
- Crunchy Southwest Chicken Wrap
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- White Chicken Enchiladas
- Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Stovetop Creamy Chicken & Rice
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole large egg
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg and water together in one bowl. Put the flour in the 2nd bowl. In the 3rd bowl combine Italian breadcrumbs and panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each piece of chicken in flour and gently shake off the excess.
- Place each piece in egg until evenly coated.
- Press into breadcrumb mixture to evenly coat all the chicken.
- Spray the base of air fryer with vegetable spray. Spray chicken tenders evenly with oil as well (works best with a mister so you don't spray off the breadcrumbs)
- Arrange in a single layer in the base of your air fryer. Cook at 400º for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 528Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 99mgSodium 1299mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 29g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!