Copycat Granite City Idaho Nachos – a restaurant favorite appetizer at home! Crispy waffle fries topped with bacon, green onions and lots of melty cheese!
You guys know I love a good copycat recipe. There is just something about getting to make your restaurant favorites at home. No only do you get them more often, but sometimes you can make them a little better for you, and know what it is in the.
These Arby Beef & Cheddars are our new obsession. But these Idaho Nachos are a classic that we make over and over on game day, or just because. If you have never made nachos out of fries, you are missing out!
When we lived in the Mid-West, there was a chain of restaurants called Granite City Brewery, which is where this recipe comes from. they were so good with the crispy fries, gooey cheese and topped with sour cream.
Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese is definitely another creamy and comforting dish that tastes almost the same as the restaurant. Sometimes you get close, or what a lightened up version. Pasta Milano (Macaroni Grill Copycat) is a lightened up version you can make and not feel completely guilty about.
What You’ll Need
These are such a simple recipe with just a few basic ingredients.
- Waffle Fries
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
Crispy waffle fries topped with cheese and bacon and then garnished with sour cream and green onions. Pretty darn simple, but oh so comforting and good.
How To Make Idaho Nachos
- Cook your frozen waffle fries according to the instructions on the bag. You want to get them nice and crispy, so whatever method you prefer.
- Once the fries are cooked, arrange half of them on a plate, oven safe skillet or baking tray.
- Top with half of the bacon and cheese. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients, so you have 2 layers.
- Place the baking tray or skillet in the oven and bake for a few minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with green onions and sour cream to serve.
You can make these Idaho Nachos in a small skillet like this, a big sheet pan or even a casserole dish. Anything that is oven safe will work. Just serve them during the next big game and no one will be disappointed!
More Fun Appetizer Recipes
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- Mini Tostadas
- Chili Cheese Dip
- White Queso
- Roasted Chili Corn Salsa
- Cheesy Corn Dip
- Smoked Chicken Wings
- 1 bag frozen waffle fries
- 4 strips bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 cups shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Cook the waffle fries according to the package directions, until crispy.
- Line a plate or baking sheet with a layer of the cooked waffle fries. Top with 1/2 the bacon and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Top with the remaining fries, bacon and cheese. Microwave or return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven top with sour cream and green onions to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 505Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 87mgSodium 761mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 23g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!