Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Potatoes – an easy chicken dinner all made on one sheet pan. Roast chicken and potatoes topped with an herb and mustard sauce.
Getting dinner on the table every night can sometimes be a chore, but it doesn’t really have to be. I know everyone is busy and short on time, but you really can get dinner on the table quickly, and something the whole family will love! This was one of the first ever sheet pan meals that I made, and it is still my favorite.
I am all about making things that are easy and fast on busy weeknights. And I have no problem having dinner be Grilled Cheese if it means we are eating together. But this chicken is ready in minutes, and is so good with that Dijon sauce!
What is a Sheet Pan Meal? You have probably seen these around, and it is just a way of saying that everything cooks on the pan, at the same time in the oven. It is a way to get dinner done without a lot of work or clean up. I will say I do use the stove top as well on this one, just so it can get done faster!
You can easily do this whole thing in the oven at 425º, it would just take about 40 minutes. This way it is done in about 25 minutes from start to finish. So you can pick if you want the extra step or more time.
What You’ll Need
- Baby Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Fresh Tarragon
- Fresh Thyme
- White Wine (or Chicken Broth)
- Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
Yes, this recipe does have 2 different fresh herbs that it calls for, but you can really use whatever you like. If you have thyme and only want to use thyme, than go for it. Want to use thyme and oregano, no problem! Whatever you like will work.
What Vegetables Can I Use
You really can add any vegetables you like here, you just want to be careful when you add them. If you are using something like zucchini that cooks quickly, you would want to add later in the cooking process. But here are a few that you could add with the potatoes to make it easy!
- Broccoli Florets
- Brussel Sprouts
- Sweet Potatoes
How To Make Sheet Pan Chicken
- The first thing you need to do is get the oven really hot, and you want the sheet pan you are using to get hot as well. So put a large sheet pan in your oven and preheat to 500º F.
- Once the oven is up to temperature, carefully remove the pan, spray with non-stick spray and add your potatoes. If you are adding veggies, add them now as well. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can make the sauce by mixing together olive oil, mustard, tarragon, thyme, honey, and white wine or chicken broth.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil. Add the chicken to the pan and brown for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add the chicken to the pan with the potatoes and drizzle about 2 Tablespoons of the sauce over the top. Return the pan to the oven and continue to cook for about 10 more minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Once everything is cooked, drizzle the rest of the sauce over the potatoes and season with a little salt and pepper.
Yes, this makes enough to serve 2. But you can easily double or triple the recipe to serve more. The cooking times will all remain the same, you will just need to use a large enough sheet pan.
If you have leftovers just store in an airtight container in the fridge. You can microwave to reheat and enjoy for lunch the next day.
Absolutely! See the list above for ideas of ones that will have the same cook time as the potatoes to make things quick and easy.
What To Serve With Sheet Pan Chicken
You really can serve just about anything! If you don’t add veggies to your sheet pan, here are a few delicious ideas.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Spinach Alfredo
- Honey Dijon Chicken
- Orange Glazed Chicken
- French Onion Chicken
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Garlic Tomato Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas
- 8 oz small baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 Tablespoons dry white white, (or chicken stock)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Place a jelly roll pan in oven. Preheat to 500 degrees, leave the pan in there while it preheats.
- Remove pan and spray with non-stick spray. Add potatoes, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine olive oil, mustard, tarragon, wine, thyme and honey in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Season chicken with about 1/8 tsp of salt and pepper. Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add vegetable oil to the pan, swirling to coat. add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. .
- Add chicken to the jelly roll pan with the potatoes and drizzle with about 2 Tablespoons of the sauce. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender.
- Drizzle the remaining mustard mixture over the potatoes and season with the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Double the ingredients to make this for 4 people. Cooking times will remain the same.
Want To Make This All In The Oven? Preheat oven to 425º, with the sheet pan in the oven preheating as well. Add all the potatoes and chicken to the pan and cook for 25 minutes. Toss the potatoes and drizzle the sauce over the chicken, return to the oven and cook for 20 more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
See Notes in the post if you want to add vegetables to the pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 523Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 142mgSodium 490mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 51g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!