Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Potatoes – an easy chicken dinner all made on one sheet pan. Roast chicken and potatoes topped with an herb and mustard sauce.
What is your favorite dinner to make during the week? You know I like quick, easy, and made in one pan. I have a whole section of just one pot dinners after all! The crock pot is probably my second favorite way to cook dinner. As if you couldn’t tell, I am all about easy!
Our weeks are busy, so easy has to be the way to go. This week my son has a practice for either basketball, science olympiad, or robotics every day from Sunday until Saturday, when he has his Lego Robotics competition. So spending time prepping and making dinner every night just isn’t going to happen. But with all that activity, he needs to be well fed, right?
This is where an easy one pan dinner comes in. Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Potatoes is the answer. You can make this recipe for 1 or 10, it really doesn’t change the cook time at all. You just need to make more sauce, if you are feeding more than 2. The really nice thing about a one pan dinner – you don’t have to come up with any side dish recipes! Everything is already taken care of for you.
I found this recipe when I was browsing Cooking Light recently. When I need inspiration, they are one of my first go-to’s. The recipe was originally written as a dinner for two. But all you need is a bigger pan to add a few more potatoes and a couple more pieces of chicken, and you have dinner for 4 in seconds with no more work involved.
You start by preheating your oven until it gets super hot, then cook the potatoes for a few minutes while you make the sauce. Cooking the chicken at such a high temperature keeps is super moist. Then you top it with the delicious sauce made with dijon mustard and fresh herbs. The results are super crispy potatoes and perfectly cooked chicken.
I am not always a huge fan of mustard, so I wasn’t sure I would love the sauce for this chicken. But I was wrong, and I loved it. The bowl was practically licked clean. Dijon mustard is tangy and great pair for potatoes and chicken. So if you are searching for something new to do with chicken this week – make this sheet pan chicken with roasted potatoes for dinner! You could even add some veggies to the tray if you wanted to add roasted asparagus to your dinner.
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
Mexican Skillet Potatoes
Italian Meatball Soup
One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Rice by Carlsbad Cravings
One Pot Portobello Mushroom Chicken Alfredo by No. 2 Pencil
- 8 oz small baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 Tbls dijon mustard
- 1 Tbls fresh tarragon, , minced
- 1 Tbls dry white white, (or chicken stock)
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, , minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Place a jelly roll pan in oven. Preheat to 500 degrees, leave the pan in there while it preheats.
- Remove pan and spray with non-stick spray. Add potatoes, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine olive oil, mustard, tarragon, wine, thyme and honey in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Season chicken with about 1/8 tsp of salt and pepper. Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add vegetable oil to the pan, swirling to cat. add chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Flip chicken, and drizzle about 2 tbls of mustard mixture over the chicken.
- Add chicken to the jelly roll pan with the potatoes. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender.
- Drizzle the remaining mustard mixture over the potatoes and season with the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Double the ingredients to make this for 4 people. Cooking times will remain the same.Recipe from Cooking Light
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 523Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 142mgSodium 490mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 51g