Air Fryer Carrots – Perfectly roasted carrots in the air fryer in no time! Top with a pesto butter to make them over the top delicious.
I am always looking for new ways to mix up side dishes. But I want them to be relatively quick and easy, and not take longer than the main course to cook. This is a vegetable side dish you can have ready in about 15 minutes and will be requested over and over.
Carrots in the air fryer are ready so much faster then when you roast the in the oven. Typically they can take at least 30 minutes in the oven to get roasted and soft enough to enjoy. These air fryer carrots are ready in just under 20 minutes!
I really like to use whole carrots that you take the time to peel and dice for this recipe because I think the flavor is so much better. But yes, technically you could use baby carrots if you wanted. The flavor just wouldn’t be quite the same.
How To Make Air Fryer Carrots
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 325 degrees F. This will help them cook faster once they are ready to go.
- While that is preheating prep your carrots by peeling them and cutting into 1/2 inch slices.
- Toss the carrots with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Then add to the basket of the air fryer in and even layer.
- Let them cook for 12-15 minutes, depending on how done you like them. Shake them half way through the cooking time to make sure they cook evenly.
- While they are cooking you can melt the butter and mix with the pesto.
- Once the carrots are cooked, remove from the fire and drizzle butter over to serve.
Are Air Fried Vegetables Healthy?
Using an air fryer means there is a lot less oil involved, so yes they are healthy for you. If you top with cheese or butter it can take away some of the health benefits, but it is still better than drowning them in oil or using a deep fryer.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Carrots
To make this recipe I used a Cosori 5.8 Qt Air Fryer. It is big enough that you can fit plenty of food in, and the basket comes out so you can easily shake, stir, or flip whatever you are making.
Air Fryer Tips
- You want to make sure that you cut your carrots 1/2 inch thick. This ensures that they cook quickly but also evenly. If you have some pieces that are very thin they will burn before the others cook through.
- Carrots get tender as they cook in the air fryer. Usually you use the air fryer to get thing extra crispy, but carrots are different. If you wanted them charred on the edges, you could cook for longer.
- If you are trying to cut down on oil you could lightly spray the carrots with cooking spray instead of tossing with olive oil.
- If you want to skip the pesto butter toss the carrots with 1 tsp of your favorite dried herbs when roasting.
- If you want to double this recipe cook them in batches. They can stay warm in a 200 degree oven until you are ready to serve.
More Great Side Dish Recipes
- Mushroom Rice Pilaf
- Corn Casserole
- Roasted Edamame
- Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Sauteed Asparagus
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- ½ pound carrots, peeled, stem removed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp prepared pesto sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 325°F.
- Cut the carrots into ½ inch slices. Toss the carrot slices in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the carrots directly into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- While the carrots are cooking, mix together the butter and pesto.
- When the carrots are cooked, toss in the butter sauce and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 165Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 16mgSodium 371mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!