Homemade Garlic Bread is the perfect side dish for just about any meal! Buttery, garlicky, crusty bread is just irresistible and so easy to make.
Garlic Bread has to be a favorite side dish for almost everyone. Crusty bread topped with butter and garlic is always a win. You can serve with Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta or along side dinners like Air Fryer Steak Bites or Spinach & Artichoke Chicken. It just goes with anything.
And the best part of this recipe is you can freeze it! So you can just stop buying that store bought stuff and make your own. It is so much better, affordable, and super easy to make.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy – just 4 ingredients is all you need and this is ready in no time! 20 minutes and you can be diving into a slice of garlic bread.
- Make Ahead – pick up an extra loaf of bread, and you can have this waiting in the freezer for your next pasta night.
- Customizable – I used fresh parsley for this, but you could use basil, Italian seasoning or anything you like! Plus you can use less butter if you want to cut back on fat and calories. Make it your own to fit into your lifestyle.
What You’ll Need
- Loaf of Bread – you want about a 1 pound loaf of French or Italian style bread
- Butter – start with softened or room temperature butter
- Parsley or Basil
How To Make Homemade Garlic Bread
- In a small bowl mix together butter, garlic, and parsley until everything is evenly blended and combined.
- Slice your loaf of bread in half length-wise. Spread the butter mixture evenly onto both halves.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. You want the butter to be melted and the bread to start to turn golden brown on the edges.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
- If you are using unsalted butter, you may want to sprinkle a little salt into your butter or onto the bread, up to your preference for that.
- If you want your bread crispy on the edges, you can increase the baking time to closer to 20 minutes, just keep an eye on it until it is as done as you like.
- Adding a little bit of grated Parmesan cheese to the butter takes this to a whole new level! Or go all out and make Cheesy Garlic Bread.
- Make an extra loaf and have it in the freezer waiting for you next time! Read the instructions below for how to do this.
How To Freeze Garlic Bread
We all know those store bought loaves of garlic bread in the freezer, well make your own at home! All you have to do, is wrap the bread tightly in foil. After you spread the butter on the bread, close it back up and wrap in foil. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then when you are ready to bake, take it out and pop it in the oven at 350º F to thaw and melt the butter. Perfect homemade garlic bread straight from the freezer to the table in no time.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Little Caesars Crazy Bread
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Crockpot Queso
- Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Butter Swim Biscuits
- Homemade Croutons
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Slick the Italian bread in half length wise.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, parsley, and garlic until well combined.
- Spread butter evenly over the cut bread.
- Place on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, until the butter is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- Remove and slice to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 352Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 41mgSodium 595mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 9g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!