This air fryer steak bites recipe makes tender and juicy steak in under 15 minutes. It’s perfect as a main course or a side dish, and it’s keto-friendly!
There are few things in life that can compare to a good piece of steak. And that’s exactly what this air fryer steak bites recipe is. Even though this dish barely takes any time at all, the steak is so tender, so juicy, and so full of flavor. Who needs to go to a steakhouse when you’ve got an air fryer and 15 minutes?
While the steak is the star of this dish, it’s also packed with soft and flavorful mushrooms. They add a richness to the steak that makes the meat stand out even more. But the best part of this recipe? It only takes a few minutes to make. You can have a gourmet steak dinner on your table in minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Steak and Mushroom Dinner
This is one of my go-to steak recipes. Here’s why I know you’ll love it.
- Perfect cook every time. I love steak, but I don’t love standing over the stove trying to figure out how to get the right doneness on a piece of meat. By cooking these steak bites in the air fryer, you take a lot of the guesswork out of cooking beef. These pieces of steak will be cooked to perfection every single time.
- So quick and easy. This recipe literally takes less than 15 minutes to make. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself!
- Protein-packed. These steak bites are perfect for anyone who’s on a keto diet or any other low-carb diet. It’s just steak, mushrooms, and seasonings. No fillers and no frills!
- Versatile. You can use this steak for pretty much anything. I like to simply eat it by itself, but it’s also perfect in salads, sandwiches, burritos, or pretty much any other food you could think of.
Here are the ingredients that you’re going to need to make this juicy steak. Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the article to see the exact amounts for each ingredient.
- Steak – I use sirloin steak, but you can use whatever your favorite cut is. Ribeye and filet work great for this recipe.
- Mushrooms – Simple brown button mushrooms are perfect for this dish.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Butter – Use unsalted butter.
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- Black Pepper – Make sure to use freshly-ground pepper.
How to Make Air Fryer Steak Bites
Here’s how to make this perfectly-cooked steak in under 15 minutes.
- Prep. Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Slice. Cut the steak into 1 ½-inch pieces.
- Season. Add the steak to a bowl with the mushrooms, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to combine.
- Add the liquid. Pour the melted butter and Worcestershire sauce over the steak and mushrooms. Toss until coated.
- Cook. Add the steak and mushrooms to an air fryer basket. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip the meat or shake it. Cook for 4 more minutes, then serve.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few of my favorite tricks to use when making this keto steak meal.
- Cut the meat evenly. It’s really important to cut all of the pieces of steak the same size. If the pieces of meat are different sizes, then they’ll cook at different speeds, and some pieces will end up overcooked or undercooked.
- Single layer. When you put the steak and mushrooms in the air fryer basket, make sure they form a single layer. You don’t want to pile the meat and mushrooms on top of each other, or else they’ll steam, and the texture will not be good. If you have too many pieces of steak and mushrooms to cook in a single layer, then cook in batches.
- Cook to your liking. This recipe cooks the pieces of steak to about medium rare. If you like your meat cooked more thoroughly, add a minute of cooking time until the steak is cooked to your desired doneness.
Steak and mushrooms is a classic flavor combo, so I love to pair it with some traditional sides that you might find at a restaurant. Here are a few of my favorites.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Steak Bites
This keto steak and mushroom recipe will last in the fridge for 3 days if you store it in an airtight container. Reheat in a 350F air fryer for 3 minutes, or in a 350F oven for 7 minutes.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
You can definitely freeze this meal! Store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw or defrost fully before reheating.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, then you should check out some of my other favorite meats in the air fryer. Here are some of my go-to recipes.
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Bacon in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 1 pound sirloin steak, or your favorite cut (ribeye and filet both work well)
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Slice the steak into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Make sure the cuts are a consistent size.
- Toss the steak in a bowl with the mushrooms, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour the melted butter and Worcestershire sauce over the meat and mushrooms, and mix.
- Add the steak mixture to the air fryer basket in an even layer.
- Cook for 4 minutes, then flip the pieces or shake the air fryer basket. Cook for 4 more minutes, then serve.
- If you want your steak cooked to a higher temperature, increase the cook time in 1-minute increments until the steak is to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Reheat in a 350F air fryer for 3 minutes or in a 350F oven for 7 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 314Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 109mgSodium 408mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 32g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!