Air Fryer Turkey Breast – make a juicy and tender turkey in under an hour using your air fryer. Thanksgiving dinner just go easier!
Sometimes holidays can be intimidating. The idea of making a full Roasted Turkey and complete meal for a crowd can be over whelming. But it doesn’t have to be!
Last year I made a smoked turkey breast that totally changed my mind about how easy a turkey can be. And this air fryer turkey breast recipe just reinforced this idea!
If you have an air fryer, you know how amazing it can be. It is my favorite new appliance, and does way more than I ever thought it would when I got it. Between making Air Fryer Pork Chops for a quick dinner and lots of Air Fryer Chicken Breast to meal prep for the week ahead, it is a must have appliance in my house.
Making a turkey breast in the air fryer may seem strange, but trust me it is a great idea! You really just need to make sure the turkey breast you are buying is going to fit inside the basket and still have space for the air to circulate.
This air fryer turkey breast is done in less than an hour and comes out juicy and delicious every time! I use a 2.5 pound turkey breast and it was done in 45 minutes total, you can’t beat that!
How Much Turkey Breast Do You Need Per Person
Part of this will really depend on how many dishes you are making and if your turkey breast is on the bone or boneless. I used a 2.5 boneless turkey breast, and it easily served 6 people. If you want leftovers you may want to use something slightly bigger.
When it comes to Thanksgiving I want to make sure that everyone has enough to eat and no one goes hungry. So I always over estimate the amount of food I need. And if there is something left I get to make Leftover Turkey Soup, so everyone wins.
There is nothing worse than people not wanting to take the last bit of something, so they politely decline. I would rather have lots of leftovers than people not fully enjoying themselves.
What Temperature Should A Turkey Be Cooked To
This is the best and most accurate way to know if a turkey is cooked. You can estimate based on time, but each air fryer and cut of meat is different, so you need to measure the temperature to be sure it is fully cooked.
A turkey should be cooked to 165º F. Insert an instant read thermometer into the center of the turkey to ensure it reaches 165º F all the way through.
I use the Thermapen Mk4 to check the temperature of the meat throughout the cooking process. It is the most accurate thermometer I have found and have been using it for years!
How To Make Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- The first step is to season your chicken. Some of the store bought turkey breasts you buy are already pre-seasoned, and those are fine to use. Otherwise mix together the butter with the garlic and herbs and rub evenly over the entire piece of turkey.
- Place the turkey in the air fryer, skin side down. Cook at 350º F for 20 minutes.
- Carefully flip the turkey breast after 20 minutes and cook for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165º F.
Holiday Side Dishes To Serve With Turkey Breast
- Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Sausage Stuffing
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Sous Vide Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Corn Casserole
This turkey breast recipe will definitely be a hit at your holiday celebration. And if you have leftovers this Turkey Tamale Pie is a must!
- The first thing is to make sure that you are using a turkey breast that will fit in your air fryer. Most should fit just fine, but be sure to check that the air fryer can close and their is still space for air to circulate.
- Check the turkey early. You don’t want to overcook the turkey or it will be dry. You can just open the drawer and insert a thermometer to check the temperature. Once it reaches 165º F, it is done cooking and can be removed.
- Let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. This lets the juices redistribute and you will get juicy turkey in each bite.
To make this recipe I used a Cosori 5.8 Qt Air Fryer. It is big enough that you can fit plenty of food in, and the basket comes out so you can easily shake, stir, or flip whatever you are making.
More Holiday Dinner Ideas
- Baked Ham with Tangerine Glaze
- Sous Vide Lamb Chops
- Easy Prime Rib
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
- Sous Vide Pork Loin
- 2.5 pound turkey breast (boneless)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mix butter together with garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Evenly spread butter mixture over the entire turkey.
- Preheat air fryer to 350º F.
- Place turkey breast skin side down in the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Gently flip the turkey and cook for 25-30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165º F.
- Remove from air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 314Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 161mgSodium 605mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 57g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!