Turkey Salad Recipe – turn that leftover turkey into the most delicious turkey salad. A fun twist on a classic with a few dried cranberries thrown in, to make it the best turkey sandwich you’ll want over and over again.
When it comes to the day after Thanksgiving, I think there isn’t a household around that doesn’t have leftover turkey. It doesn’t matter if you made a traditional Roast Turkey or if you did a Smoked Turkey Breast. It is just a fact that there will be leftover turkey.
And thank goodness there is, because the leftovers are the best part! You get to make things like Turkey Noodle Soup and this turkey salad recipe with it!
When I was growing up the turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving was a turkey and stuffing sandwich. And I am good with 1 of those, but after that I just can’t do it. Which is why I love this turkey salad so much. It is super simple, full of flavor, and a fun twist on the classic Chicken Salad Sandwich that we all know and love.
What makes this turkey sandwich special? Dried Cranberries! They give it just that hint of sweetness and really bring together all of the flavors to make it bright and fresh tasting.
What’s In Turkey Salad
- Leftover Turkey
- Green Onions
- Fresh Parsley
- Dried Cranberries
- Dijon Mustard
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
I don’t like to add a lot of herbs or seasonings to my turkey salad, because usually the turkey is well flavored already. But if you want more flavor adding in a little dill would be a delicious idea.
How To Make Turkey Salad
This could not be easier to make, and you can assemble a big batch and have it on hand for lunches for a couple of days.
- In a large bowl mix together your leftover diced turkey, celery, green onions, chopped parsley, and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the dressing and add to the turkey mixture.
- Toss everything together until it is well coated.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to use.
Don’t worry if you didn’t eat all of this in one sitting, it will last in the fridge in an air tight container up to 4 days. So it is great to have on hand if you have company after Thanksgiving. Everyone can just make a sandwich and you don’t have to think about lunch!
How To Serve Turkey Salad
- Bun – a good ol’ hamburger bun works great!
- Croissant – a buttery flakey croissant is so good with chicken salad.
- Wrap – put it in your favorite tortilla or wrap and fold it up.
- Lettuce – keep things low carb and healthier by serving it on a bed of fresh spinach, mixed greens or your favorite lettuce.
- Dinner Rolls – if you have leftover dinner rolls from thanksgiving, split them open and fill them with turkey salad.
- Crackers – my family loves to enjoy it almost like a dip and serve on whole grain crackers.
More Leftover Turkey Recipes
- Turkey Tamale Pie
- Turkey Enchiladas
- Tortilla Soup
- Pot Pie Noodles
- Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Chicken (Turkey) Bacon Avocado Quesadilla
- 4 cups turkey, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl combine turkey, celery, green onions, parsley and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the dressing until well combined.
- Add the dressing to the turkey mixture and mix together until everything is well coated.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving Calories 408Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 110mgSodium 525mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 26g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!