Creamy Spring Gnocchi – A great use for leftover ham and spring veggies! Make this creamy spring gnocchi recipe in minutes, plus it is lightened up for spring!
I am always looking for new ways to use leftover ham. There are the traditional ones like Ham & Cheese Sliders or Ham & Cheese Tortellini, but I just get bored sometimes!
This creamy gnocchi is full of those fresh spring vegetables and some of that leftover ham to get dinner on the table in just 20 minutes! If you don’t have leftover ham, don’t worry there are other options as well!
I obviously used leftover Baked Ham for this recipe, but you don’t have to! If you see a ham steak or just the diced ham at the grocery store that works great! Or use whatever protein you like, and it will be amazing.
What You’ll Need
- Packaged Gnocchi
- Frozen Peas
- Diced Ham
- Olive Oil
- Cream Cheese
- Half and Half
- Salt & Pepper
This is a lightened up dish that I used half and half and light cream cheese in. But you can use the full fat version or even just milk if you want.
How To Make Creamy Gnocchi
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic and ham and cook for a few minutes until the ham starts to brown.
- Stir in the cream cheese and half & half to melt, stir it well to combine.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the gnocchi and cook for 1 minute.
- After a minute, add the chopped asparagus and frozen peas. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, until the gnocchi start to float .
- Drain and pour mixture in with the sauce. Toss everything to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese if desired.
What Goes With Creamy Gnocchi
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Don’t worry if you don’t have leftover ham! You can use rotisserie chicken, shrimp, leftover chicken or whatever other protein you like! Or even leave it out if you want this to be meat free.
- Don’t like asparagus? You really can use whatever veggies you want. I happen to love asparagus, so it is what I used. But you can use bell peppers, Brussel sprouts, mushrooms or whatever you have and your family enjoys.
- Gnocchi cooks in under 5 minutes, so it makes for the perfect quick and easy dinner. This isn’t a recipe that you can make ahead, but it takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish, so even on your busiest night you can make it.
- Use light cream cheese to cut down on the fat. I use half & half as well instead of heavy cream to just make it a little better for you. But you still get all the same great flavor!
I am sharing this recipe for creamy spring gnocchi over at Food Fanatic as their Easy Dinner fanatic.
More Tasty Easy Dinner Recipes
- Bourbon Chicken
- Beef Enchilada Casserole
- Chipotle Chicken Bowls
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
- Taco Spaghetti
- Gnocchi Carbonara
Creamy Spring Gnocchi
Creamy Spring Gnocchi - A great use for leftover ham and spring veggies! Make this creamy spring gnocchi recipe in minutes, plus it is lightened up for spring!
- 1 pound dried gnocchi
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 oz cream cheese (light)
- 3/4 cup half & half
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ham, sauté until ham starts to brown.
- Add cream cheese and half & half, stirring to melt and combine.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to boil. Add gnocchi. After 1 minute add asparagus and peas.
- Once the gnocchi are floating to the top (about 2-3 minutes later) drain.
- Add to the skillet. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook for a few minute until sauce thickens.
- Serve Immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 435Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 85mgSodium 514mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 19g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Kate from Scratch says
This looks delicious, Erin! Fantastic recipe and beautiful too.
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar says
So yummy looking! And perfect for Spring!
Taylor @ greens & chocolate says
Oh my gosh this looks delicious!! What a wonderful spring dinner 🙂
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says
Mmm I love a good gnocchi dish. Great idea to use leftover ham in it!
Oh yeah; my kind of food. What a great way to use up some of that fresh Spring Asparagus. As to your son, just wait til you have one that is about to be 28!!!
whoa, gorgeous photos! and delicious dinner! YUM 🙂
Ilona @ Ilona's Passion says
Gnocchi are my favourite. I just made my own yesterday:) I love that you made them so creamy. Pinning!
Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes says
This has me so excited for spring! Love it!
Kristen @ A Mind Full Mom says
This dish is spring perfection. I will be making with leftover ham for sure!
Megan @ MegUnprocessed.com says
Gnocchi is one of my favs! This looks so good!
Ashley - Baker by Nature says
Spring comfort food at its best!
Michele ~ West via Midwest says
I didn’t see the cream cheese coming…. I bet that amps the yum factor on this!
Thank you Jenn for the nice recipe and Happy Easter.
How much half and half is in the recipe? I’ve looked and looked and don’t see the amount anywhere.
Erin S says
3/4 cup – I am not sure how it is missing! I will get it updated, thank you!