Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta – turn your classic chicken cordon bleu recipe into a delicious and creamy pasta you can make any night of the week!
When I am looking for comfort food I am almost always lean towards chicken pasta recipes. Like Tuscan Chicken Pasta. There is just something about the pasta with a creamy sauce and pieces of tender chicken that get me every time.
And when you can turn a classic like Chicken Cordon Bleu into pasta, it is just a fun and good idea!
What is Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Traditionally it is made with a thin piece of chicken that is wrapped around a piece of ham and Swiss cheese. It is usually then breaded and deep fried like schnitzel.
- There are versions made with pork and veal, it is not just for chicken!
- It originated in Switzerland, but there are versions of it found all over Europe
You really can not get more simple than this easy chicken cordon blue. You just have to dice the chicken and ham, no rolling or frying involved. The pasta cooks in a separate pot, then you cook the chicken and make the sauce. The sauce is mostly skim milk, with just a little bit of cream. So there is just a little less guilt.
How To Make Cordon Bleu Pasta
- Start by cooking the pasta according to the package directions. I like to use a short cut pasta like bowties here, but any short cut pasta will do! Penne and Rotini are great because they will really hold the sauce well.
- Next up we are going to brown the chicken and onion together in a large skillet. You want the chicken pieces to get cooked and the onion to be soft.
- Add in the garlic and ham and cook for just a couple minutes until the ham is warm. Transfer them to a small plate or bowl and cover with foil to keep them warm while the sauce cooks.
- In the same skillet melt the butter and then stir in the flour until there are no more white streaks left. Whisk in the milk until it is nice and smooth.
- Add the mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the sauce and cook for a few minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the cheese to the sauce and mix until it is melted and smooth.
- Finally add the chicken mixture with the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix until everything is coated and warmed through. Then you are ready to serve!
If you have leftover Baked Ham from the holidays, this is a great use for it! I don’t know about you, but whenever I have leftover meat I always want to turn it into something completely different, and this pasta is exactly that.
What To Serve With Pasta
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Baja Shrimp Tacos
- One Pan Spinach Chicken Alfredo
- Ham & Cheese Sliders
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Ham & Cheese Tortellini
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - turn your classic chicken cordon bleu recipe into a delicious and creamy pasta you can make any night of the week!
- 12 oz small cut pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups ham, diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz Swiss Cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil until hot. Add chicken and onion to the pan, cook until browned.
- Add garlic and ham to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the skillet, mix in flour until lightly browned. Slowly whisk in milk and cream.
- Season with mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook sauce for 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Mix in cheese until melted.
- Add cooked pasta and chicken mixture to the sauce, toss to combine.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 649Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 124mgSodium 877mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 41g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- 4th Of July Poke Cake - June 6, 2023
- Strawberry Jelly - June 5, 2023
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla - June 2, 2023
Wednesday 25th of April 2018
I have leftover chicken and leftover ham in the freezer, so I will definitely try this soon. I might throw in a few green peas to add a little veg to it, or maybe serve them on the side.
Tuesday 24th of April 2018
I love #3's spelling error. It made me giggle a bit :) I'm going to try this out tonight! Thanks for a easy to follow recipe
Wednesday 25th of April 2018
Going to correct now! Darn when you spell the work right, so it doesn't come up!
Friday 6th of April 2018
Creamy pasta with chicken, ham & cheese - perfection!
Wednesday 4th of April 2018
Such a cool idea!
Wednesday 4th of April 2018
This is my kind of comfort food. Love it!