Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies – A fudgy brownie, topped with a layer of peanut butter cups, and then a layer of chocolate/peanut butter crispy fudge. Pure chocolate and peanut butter heaven!
What is your favorite dessert? Mine has to be brownies. I could eat brownies pretty much every day and not get tired. A close second would be warm chocolate chip cookies. But they have to be warm. Room temperature cookies are usually nothing special.
My husband’s is crème brûlée, he does not like anything chocolate. Needless to say, desserts around here are never agreed upon easily. My son loves chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do. So I think his all time favorite is Reese’s fudge.
I think my favorite flavor combination of all time has to be peanut butter and chocolate. There are others that come close like chocolate and caramel or chocolate and mint. But there is just something magical about peanut butter and chocolate together. If you have visited this blog before, this should come as no surprise to you either.
I have TONS of recipes that feature this flavor combination. But I have to say these brownies might be one of the richest and most decadent I have shared yet. I am not one of those people that says just a bite or two and I am satisfied. No, I want the whole giant piece! But with these brownies? A small piece really is enough. Similar to Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies. Rich, chocolately and so good!
I have made these peanut butter crunch brownies a few times over the years. I received a Pampered Chef cookbook for a bridal shower present over 14 years ago, and that is where the idea came from. I made their version quite a few times, then we moved and I lost the cookbook. I have searched online, and can not find the recipe.
So I switched to my staple brownie recipe, and then just did what I remembered. I have to say, they are pretty darn amazing! A fudgy brownie, a layer of peanut butter cups, topped with a layer of chocolate/peanut butter crispy fudge. Trust me, a tall glass of milk is required with these.
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, , melted
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbls butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup crispy rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 inch baking dish. Or line with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine melted chocolate with canola oil. Add sugar, and eggs. Mix until well combined. Stir in flour and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle peanut butter cups over the brownies. Let sit for 5 minutes, then gently use the back of a spoon and spread the melted chocolate over the brownies. Let cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt together chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter; heat for 1 minute, stir. Heat at 15 second intervals until smooth. Stir in vanilla and cereal. Pour over brownies.
- Place in fridge to completely set up before serving.
Serving Size12 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 569Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 35mgSodium 331mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 5gSugar 40gProtein 11g
Want more Brownie Recipes?