Homemade Brownie Mix – make brownies anytime when you have brownie mix in your pantry. So easy to make, and it makes the BEST fudgy and delicious brownies!
I first started tried making my own brownie mix a few years ago, and it has quickly earned a spot in my pantry. I am all for Homemade Brownies, I have been making the same recipe pretty much my whole life.
But there is something about being able to mix just 3 ingredients together and have brownies in the oven. Especially when they turn out so rich, fudgy, and some of the best brownies you will ever have!
What Is Brownie Mix
When you go to the grocery store, you see a few different brands that sell brownie mix. It is really all the dry ingredients, and you just need to add eggs and oil or water to the mix to make the batter. It gets you brownies in the oven in just minutes.
This is a homemade version with all of the dry ingredients, and then when it comes to making the brownies all you have to add is eggs and vanilla extract. And it makes some of the BEST brownies ever! So much better than any store bought mix.
What’s In Brownie Mix
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Vegetable Shortening
- Baking Powder
This makes a big batch of brownie mix, so you can have a big tub in your pantry, or you can give as gifts! This has quickly become what my son gives to my dad for every gifting occasion throughout the year. Even the severely baking challenged can make an over the top delicious batch of brownies from this mix.
How To Make Homemade Brownie Mix
- The best way to blend everything together is add it all to a stand mixer that is fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Turn the mixer on a low until everything is well combined. It will take a couple minutes on low for it to come together. Scrape down the sides as necessary to make sure everything is evenly blended.
Store the brownie mix in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 6 months.
How To Use Brownie Mix
To make brownies you mix 2 1/2 cups of brownie mix, with 2 eggs and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. It could not be easier! And it makes such a great gift!
Measure 2 1/2 cups of brownie mix into a mason jar and tie a cute ribbon around the top. Include the instructions for how to make brownies, and it makes a great gift for neighbors, teachers, friends, or anyone!
- M&M Brownies
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
- S’mores Brownies
- Oreo Brownies
- Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
And what goes on brownies? This Easy Chocolate Frosting is perfect!
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Mix for 5 minutes on low, scraping the sides down as necessary, until the mixture comes completely together and has a sand consistency.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the pantry for up to 6 months.
To Make Brownies
- Mix 2 1/2 cups of brownie mix, 2 whole eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract until it is a smooth batter.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350º F for about 20 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing to serve.
This makes enough for 4 batches of brownies.
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 2mgSodium 109mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!