M&M Brownies – these chocolate fudgy brownies are an easy and fun treat to make that is loaded with colorful M&M’s!
You guys know that brownies are my favorite dessert. There are easily 50 Brownie Recipes on this site. Everything from your classic Homemade Brownie to decadent over the top brownies like these Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies.
You really can’t go wrong with fudgy chocolate in my opinion.
There is just something about homemade brownies in my opinion. A box mix is good in a pinch, but making brownies from scratch really takes about 5 minutes and only uses about 6 ingredients. So it is hard to beat.
These M&M brownies are loaded with M&M’s to make them not only tastier; hello more chocolate! But also fun and great for parties and get togethers. You can use the holiday M&M’s for any holiday there is or pick out certain colors to make them for your sports team, a baby shower….you name it!
How To Make M&M Brownies
This is a really simple recipe to make, you can really start with a box mix for if you want. But here is how to make them from scratch.
- Start by mixing together the vegetable oil and melted chocolate until it is nice and well combined.
- Add in the sugar and eggs and mix until the eggs are fully incorporated.
- Stir in the flour and salt until the flour is just incorporated and not white streaks remain.
- Fold in your M&M’s. Mix until they are just combined.
- Pour into a prepared pan and sprinkle more M&M’s over the top!
- Bake until a tester comes out mostly clean. Let them cool before slicing.
Seriously, 6 ingredients and about 5 minutes and you have homemade brownies! When you use a box mix you have to measure the oil and water, so it isn’t like you are adding that many more steps to make these.
Why Do You Use Melted Chocolate Instead Of Cocoa Powder?
I prefer using melted chocolate when I am making brownies because I think it gives it a deeper, richer, more chocolatier taste. I also find they turn out denser and fudgier than brownies made with cocoa powder.
But if you are in a pinch there are substitutions on the back of a cocoa powder container that you can look at if that is all that you have.
Can I Use Flavored M&M’s
You bet! I used plain M&M’s for these pictures, but just about any variety would work. Peanut and Peanut Butter M&M’s are my favorite to mix in. But if you like the Almond M&M’s or the Pretzel ones that go for it. I haven’t tried the Caramel ones, but I think they would be amazing too!
If you are looking for a fun new way to dress up brownies, these are going to be a sure hit. So easy to make, super chocolate-y and really fudgy brownies are never a bad idea!
More M&M Dessert Recipes
- M&M Chocolate Oat Bars
- M&M White Chocolate Fudge
- Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Loaded Chocolate Cookie Pizza
- Christmas Magic Cookie Bars (use any color M&M’s)
- No Bake Monster Cookie Bars
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup M&M's, divided
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line an 8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper or butter and flour well.
- In a bowl mix together melted chocolate with vegetable oil until well blended.
- Add in eggs and sugar and mix until eggs are fully incorporated.
- Stir in flour and salt until flour is just incorporated and no white streaks remain.
- Fold in1/2 cup M&M's.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining M&M's evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges start to pull away from the sides and a tester comes out mostly clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing.
Recipe can be doubled for a 13x9 inch pan
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!