Christmas Magic Cookie Bars – Classic Magic Cookie Bars all dressed up for Christmas. Layers of graham crackers, chocolate, peanut butter chips, coconut, M&M’s and sweetened condensed milk.
I am pretty sure everyone grew up with the Classic Magic Cookie Bars in their house around the holidays. They go by many different names, in my family they were called One Pan Bars, but Magic Bars or Seven Layer Bars are other common names.
Well these are very similar they are just fun and festive for the holidays. I did make a couple small changes to make them a little different than the original, and I think they might be even better!
What Do You Need For Christmas Magic Bars
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Melted butter
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Shredded coconut
- Sweetened condensed milk
See, almost all the same ingredients as the original. I swapped butterscotch for peanut butter and the nuts for M&M’s. So they will be very reminiscent of what you know and love, but with a fun twist!
How To Make Christmas Magic Cookie Bars
- In the base of a 13×9 inch baking dish mix together the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press into the base of the pan. It will be a very thin layer, that is perfectly fine.
- Then just start layering. Sprinkle over the coconut, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and M&M’s.
- To finish evenly pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the bars.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until they are set and then let them cool completely before serving.
I sprinkled a few mini M&M’s over the top after they were done baking just for looks. You could also pour the sweetened condensed milk on before you put the M&M’s on if you wanted to see the red and green more clearly.
Magic Bar Variations
- You can make these year round. Play around with the colors for different holidays. You can even use different varieties of M&M’s like dark chocolate, peanut butter, caramel etc.
- Don’t like coconut? Use quick cooking oats.
- Mix up the chips! I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. But you can use white chocolate or butterscotch or use mint chips with peppermint M&M’s to make even more festive!
- The original version has nuts. If you love nuts, feel free to add them here.
Can You Freeze Christmas Magic Bars
Yes, these freeze really well! Once the bars have cooled completely you can either cover the entire pan and freeze, or slice and freeze that way. When I was a kid my Grandma would slice them and put them in an air tight container in the freezer. We always knew where to look for treats whenever we went to her house!
- Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Chewy Molasses Cookies
- Coconut Macroons
- Andes Mint Cake Mix Cookies
- Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 13x9 inch baking dish mix together butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press into the base of the pan, it will be a thin layer.
- Sprinkle coconut evenly over the graham crackers.
- Sprinkle over chocolate chips, then peanut butter chips, then M&M's
- Evenly drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the bars.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and set.
- Remove and let cool completely before slicing.
I sprinkled a few mini M&M's over the top after they were done baking just for looks. You could also pour the sweetened condensed milk on before you put the M&M's on if you wanted to see the red and green more clearly.
Amount Per ServingCalories 264Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 19mgSodium 108mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 2gSugar 28gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!