Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars – Sugar Cookies in the form of a bar. Thick, chewy, and full of peppermint chips. Topped with a butter cream frosting and more peppermint shavings!
Welcome to Day Four of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
Thanks to our sponsors for Christmas Week. Anolon is donating a 5-piece Bakeware Set. Swing by their Facebook Page to show them some love. We also have Ball supplying us with 4 sets of Jars in their gorgeous Green Heritage Color. Swing by their Ball Canning and Recipes Facebook Page to say hello.
I am a sucker for anything with mint this time of year. I had to kind of hold back, I had 4 or 5 mint treats I wanted to make to share with you this year. Seemed a little like overkill, so I mixed it up. But no worries, those ideas will come another time! A few years ago I made sugar cookie bars for the first time. They are like a super thick sugar cookie, with no rolling or cutting of the dough. Super easy and so good! Since my family loves sugar cookies, I thought why not dress that recipe up for Christmas.
The key to making these peppermint sugar cookie bars irresistible, is to slightly under bake them. That is the key to most brownies and cookies, but here it makes a big difference. Because these bars are so dense, they can go from chewy and delicious to dry and crumbly very quickly. So best to error on the side of caution! I used a bag of the Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips in these bars. For the topping I very finely chopped the white chocolate peppermint Hershey’ Kisses. But you could use more of the baking chips, crushed candy canes, or even just some festive sprinkles. No matter what you do, these bars will be amazing and sure to please your guests this holiday season.
- 1 cup butter, , softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 (10 oz) package Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
- 1 cup butter, , softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar, (approximately)
- 1/3 cup milk, (approximately)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candy cane Kisses
- Read more at https://dinnersdishesanddesserts.com/sugar-cookie-bars/#6bl0Dd4EfBVIGl5P.99
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 13 x 9 in pan with foil. Spray with non-stick spray.
- In an electric mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Stir in vanilla. In another bowl mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture, until just combined. Fold in the peppermint crunch baking chips.
- Spread the dough into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, a tester should come out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting cream the butter until fluffy. Add vanilla, milk, and 1/2 of the powdered sugar. Continue adding powdered sugar to get to the right consistency. You might have to adjust the milk or powdered sugar to make it spreadable.
- Spread over the cooled bars. Sprinkle the chopped candy cane kisses over the bars.
Serving Size24 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 429Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 73mgSodium 277mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 1gSugar 40gProtein 4g
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
Coconut Filled Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
Ridiculously Delicious Vanilla Cookies by Cookistry
Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Toffee Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies by Farm Fresh Feasts
Cranberry Ginger Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Rocky Road Chocolate Bark by Cooking In Stilettos
Apple Streusel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Rum Blondies with Cinnamon Chips by From Gate to Plate
One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbooks:
One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley