Welcome to Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina. Each day we will be celebrating a new holiday baking theme where each blogger makes a dish they love. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting Monday December 3rd and ending Friday December 7th.
Today also happens to be the December #ChocolateParty, where our themed ingredient was peppermint/mint. Considering chocolate and mint are my favorite combination this time of year, this was easy for me!
I can’t even tell you how good these cookies were. I took them into my son’s school for the teachers, and I had an email right away asking when I was posting the recipe. I made these over a month ago, so I had to send the recipe ahead of time. These were that good, they couldn’t wait. Pudding is magic in cookies, I have said that before. But it still makes me happy every time I use it 🙂 They are just so soft and chewy, even days later!
I made a similar cookie last year using Andes Mints, but this time I used the baking bits. The bits are perfect, you get a little mint in each bite. If you can’t find the bits, you could just chop up a the regular sized mints. That might even be better, because then you get bigger chunks 🙂 If you are a fan of chocolate and mint, trust me when I say you HAVE to try these!
- 1 cup butter, , softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package of chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Andes mint baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silpat liner parchment paper.
- In the bowl for an electric mixer cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla, mix until well combined. In a separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the dough. Once just combined, use a spatula to fold in the chips.
- Scoop small balls of dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edge are golden. Remover from the oven, and let sit for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Table For Two
Amount Per ServingCalories 149Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 25mgSodium 171mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 2g