It is time for the #ChocolateParty! Do you know what the #ChocolateParty is? The first Monday of each month we post a recipe that uses chocolate, and a themed ingredient we are given. For November Roxana challenged us with cranberries. Last month it was pumpkin. If you are interested in joining, just let Roxana know!
I am not a huge fan of cranberries, so I wasn’t sure what to do for this month. But then I remembered dried cranberries, those I do like. I was in the mood for chocolate chip cookies, so I figured this was the time to play with cranberries to see what I could come up with. These cookies are based on the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe I have been making for ever. I swapped out the regular chocolate chips for white chocolate. I added in the cranberries, and decided to change up the extract to almond extract. I love almond extract, but have never used it in cookies like this before.
These were a huge hit. I brought them to my sons school, and the teachers loved them. They were soft, chewy, and the almond extract worked really well with the white chocolate and cranberries. They definitely were a fun twist on the regular chocolate chip cookie. Don’t miss all the other great recipes the group made below. Next month we will be back with chocolate and mint for the holidays!
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pkg white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl for an electric mixer add the butter, shortening, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until well combined. Mix in the eggs and almond extract. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, mix until just combined. Using a spatula fold in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Scoop golf balls sized balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until just set. Allow to cool for a few minutes on baking sheet, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per ServingCalories 132Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 19mgSodium 126mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 1g