Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies – This one is for the peanut butter and chocolate lovers. Like a buckeye, but in a cookie form. Rich chocolate cookies with a creamy peanut butter center.
If there is one flavor combination I could live on, I am pretty sure it would be chocolate and peanut butter. It can be in the form of Reese’s Fudge or in the form of Peanut Butter Cheesecake. But it just has to exist.
These Truffle Cookies are sometimes called Buckeye Cookies. Basically it is a chocolate cookie with a peanut butter center and topped with melted chocolate. A dream come true!
Click HERE to get the FULL Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls for Buckeyes are one of my favorite treats, and I wanted to see if I could turn that into a cookie. And that is exactly what these are! A soft, chewy, rich and chocolate-y cookie with a peanut butter ball stuffed inside!
What You’ll Need
- Brown Sugar
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Ganache
How To Make Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies
Click HERE to get the full printable recipe and measurements.
- In the bowl for an electric mixer beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add in the eggs, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Mix until well combined, scraping the sides as necessary.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until combined. Slowly add flour mixture to chocolate mixture until combined.
- Cover dough, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 36 hours.
- To make the truffle mix together peanut butter and butter, beat until smooth. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Mixture will be very thick.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out balls of dough and form into small disks. Place in a baking sheet and freeze until ready to use. This will ensure they don’t melt as the cookies bake, so make sure they are frozen solid.
- Scoop about 1 teaspoon of chocolate cookie dough onto a baking sheet. Flatten, so you can place a peanut butter disk in the center. Scoop another teaspoon of dough and cover the peanut butter, making sure to pinch the edges of the dough closed.
- Place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until the edges are set and the tops of the cookies are dry. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Once the cookies are cool you can top with melted chocolate, chocolate ganache or even Hot Fudge Sauce.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can freeze them in an airtight container for about 3 months. Just let them thaw at room temperature before serving.
These cookies are rich and chocolate-y almost like a brownie. The peanut butter center takes them to a whole new level. So if you have a peanut butter fan in your house, they are going to love these Buckeye Cookies and be on your must make list all year round!
More Tasty Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- Cornflake Cookies
- Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
- Cosmic Brownie Cookies
- Chick Fil A Cookies
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Disclosure: This recipe was developed for Imperial Sugar. I was compensated for my time.