Mudslide Brownies – Rich and fudgy brownies spiked with a little Kahlua and topped with a Bailey’s buttercream frosting. Tastes like a Mudslide for dessert!
Brownies will always be one of my favorite desserts. They can be basic homemade brownies, different flavors like strawberry brownies or you can put a fun twist on them like these Mudslide Brownies. Such a fun boozy treat you are going to love!
Click HERE to get the full recipe.
The classic mudslide is a drink that has both coffee liqueur and Irish cream liqueur in it, with a chocolate base. So why not take chocolate brownies and give them the mudslide twist! We have Kahlua coffee liqueur that is baked into super fudgy brownies. And then it is topped with a Baileys flavored Irish cream frosting. A boozy treat that you are going to go crazy for!
What You’ll Need
- Cocoa Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Coffee Liqueur
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Irish Cream Liqueur
How To Make Mudslide Brownies
Click HERE to get the full recipe.
- Start by making your brownies as you normally would. Melt the butter and then whisk in the cocoa powder until it is nice and smooth. Next beat in the eggs, sugar, and coffee liqueur until it is very well combined and the eggs are fully incorporated. Add in the flour and salt and mix until the flour just disappears. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 8 inch baking dish, and bake for about 25 minutes, until the edges are cracked and a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before you prepare the frosting.
- To make the frosting mix everything but chocolate chips together until you get desired consistency. Adjust sugar and milk as necessary to get a spreadable consistency.
- Spread onto completely cooled brownies and sprinkle with a few mini chocolate chips before serving.
Can I Use A Brownie Mix To Make These
Yes you can, but you will need to add additional flour to the mix to compensate for the extra liquid when adding in the Kahlua. I would add 1/4 cup Kahlua and 1/4 cup additional all-purpose flour to the mix when baking.
I love to have my Homemade Brownie Mix in my pantry at all times, so easy to make and great for when you want brownies fast!
Are These Suitable For Kids
No, unfortunately due to the Irish cream liqueur in the frosting, these are not something you want to serve the kids. You could use regular coffee instead of the alcohol in the brownies, and I have seen Irish cream coffee creamer around the holidays before, you could use that for flavor in the frosting if you were going to serve to kids.
Store your brownies in an airtight container for 3-4 days. They do not need to be kept in the fridge, but if you do keep them in there they will last a little longer. Just let them come to room temperature before serving.
More Fun Brownie Recipes
- Turtle Brownies
- Lemon Brownies
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Avocado Brownies
- M&M Brownies
- Fudgy Brownies
- Cosmic Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Mudslide Brownies to get the recipe!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
*I have an ongoing relationship with Imperial Sugar for recipe development.