Avocado Brownies – chocolate-y, fudgy, decadent brownies made with avocado! Swap out the butter or oil for this healthy fat, and you will never tell the difference!
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
If there is one thing you know about me from visiting this site, it is that I like brownies! They are probably my favorite dessert of all time, and there are close to 50 different Brownie Recipes on the site already. So why not another!
Today we are swapping out the butter or oil that you normally have in brownies for avocado. The healthy fat from the avocado still makes for a fudgy and decadent treat, with just a little less guilt.
I made this Chocolate Avocado Mousse a couple of years ago as a “healthier” swap, and avocado is so creamy, and buttery you can never tell that it is there. Trust me, I know it sounds like an odd combination, but once you mix the chocolate in, you just don’t taste it.
Click HERE for the FULL recipe
What You’ll Need
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips
How To Make Avocado Brownies
Click HERE to get the FULL recipe.
- Start by mashing your avocado until it is super smooth. You can also use a food processor for this step if you want to ensure there are absolutely no lumps.
- Mix in the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla and beat until the eggs are fully incorporated and everything is well combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Add in most of the chocolate chips (reserving about 1/4 cup for the top), until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 8 inch baking dish and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing to serve.
Avocado brownies will act just like your traditional brownies when storing and baking. So cover them and keep at room temperature for up to 4 days. If you want them to last a little longer you can store in the fridge. I like to let them come to room temperature before serving. But some people love a dense cold brownie, so up to you!
- You will notice I am stilling using traditional sugars and flour in this recipe. Lots of other recipes make swaps for “healthier” alternatives for those. You can definitely use them, but unless you stock those things normally in your pantry, they require extra trips to the store and the price can add up. So I like to make small swaps and use what I have on hand for the rest.
- Just like with traditional brownies you do not want to overmix the batter once you add the flour. This will cause the glutens to develop more in the flour and lead to a tougher brownie.
- Make sure your avocado is nicely mashed and smooth when you start. You can use a small food processor to make this process fast and easy.
- Top your brownies with Chocolate Frosting to make them over the top delicious!
- Do not over bake your brownies. These are a fudgy brownie, but over baking with dry them out and they will not have the fudgy texture you are looking for.
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Pavlova
- Molten Lava Cake (for two)
- Cosmic Brownie Cookies
- Ding Dong Cake
- Chocolate Tofu Pudding
- Death By Chocolate Pie
- Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Avocado Brownies to get the FULL printable recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Special K Bars - March 27, 2023
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
I can’t wait to make these! Avocado gives baked goods such a great richness. These sound great.
Everyone at my house loved these brownies!! I really can’t wait to make it again!
Love the idea of addition of avocado. Must make it!
Allyson Zea says
My whole family love these!
Avocado is such a great alternative for healthy fats! These brownies look so yummy