Avocado Chocolate Mousse – Rich and creamy chocolate mousse that is secretly healthy for you! No one will ever guess there is avocado in there!
I am normally not a “healthy” dessert kind of person. I like it to be full sugar, classic dessert flavors. But this chocolate mousse is where I make an exception. It is so thick, rich, chocolate-y and delicious you can’t tell that it is anything but sinful.
The secret ingredient…..Avocado! I have also done this with tofu before, and they taste almost identical. I think the avocado just gives it a more luscious texture.
Let’s face it chocolate mousse can be intimidating to make. It is magical and delicious, but it is a delicate balance of getting your eggs to the right temperature and folding the ingredients gently enough to still give you the perfect texture.
Well, let’s just say none of that matters when you are making Avocado Chocolate Mousse. It takes about 5 minutes in the blender and you are done. Seriously, it is that easy!
How To Make Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Make sure your avocados are very ripe when you start. They will get blended together with everything else, and if they are tough they will not incorporate and work well.
- Add all of the ingredients to your food processor and just let it blend until it is smooth and creamy. You may have to scrape down the sides a couple times to make sure you get everything well combined.
- Scoop the mousse into your serving bowls and then just place it in the fridge for at least an hour to set up completely before serving.
- I like to serve with a little whipped cream and chocolate shavings. But you can use berries, nuts, coconut cream if you are making it vegan. It really is up to you!
What Does Chocolate Avocado Mousse Taste Like?
Honestly, like chocolate mousse. If you didn’t see it being made, you wouldn’t have a clue what is in there. The better quality chocolate you use, the more it covers up the taste of the avocado. I think that dark chocolate works really well at masking any other flavors, I think if you went with a milk chocolate, you may be able to detect it more.
My son swears he can taste a hint of it in there, but it also doesn’t stop him from eating it.
If you are on a special diet (Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, or Vegan) this dessert is for you! You need a small amount of milk for the recipe, but almond milk works perfectly. So you can have your dessert and stay on track with your eating. Plus there is no refined sugar, just a little maple syrup to sweeten it.
This chocolate mousse is great to make ahead and have ready for a special occasion or just because you are craving something sweet. It is ready in no time, so when cravings strike you can be ready.
You can double, triple or even cut the recipe in half if you want. It is super versatile and couldn’t be easier to throw together.
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Hummus
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Lava Cakes (for Two)
- Flourless Nutella Cake
- Chocolate Meringue
- Soft and Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk (use nut milk to make it vegan)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor, and process until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides if necessary to ensure that everything gets mixed together.
- Spoon into ramekins or jars and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set up.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings or berries if desired.
Recipe Adapted from Taste of Home
Amount Per Serving Calories 368Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 4mgSodium 56mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 9gSugar 20gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!