I love having lazy weekends with a big breakfast. It does not happen often around here, but I wish it did. Usually I can not justify all the calories in a big breakfast, so it is a once in awhile treat. Today though, I was up and leaving the house by 6:15. My 8 year old and I are heading up to the mountains to go skiing. The weather is supposed to be in the 30’s up there, so hopefully it will be a great day of skiing. After today, I think I will have definitely earned this stack of pancakes!
I actually made s’mores pancakes as one of my very first posts on the blog. But it was one of the few recipes that got lost when I transferred over a couple years ago. It is such a great breakfast treat, so I finally got around to re-making them. These pancakes are so easy to make, I just adapted my basic pancake recipe. Mix in a few chocolate chips, marshmallow, and graham crackers crumbs; and you have a thick and fluffy stack of pancakes that are perfect for a lazy breakfast.
The part where these pancakes go from a fun breakfast, to an over the top breakfast, is the toppings! I drizzled nutella on mine for more chocolate. Because, let’s face it, more chocolate is always good. Nutella is not required, your favorite hot fudge sauce would be perfect too. A few extra marshmallows and you are good to go! I froze the extra pancakes, so we could reheat them during the week. Great to have go to breakfasts ready for busy mornings.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 2 Tbls canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 sheet graham crackers, , crushed
- Hot Fudge Sauce or Nutella
- Mini marshmallows
- Graham Cracker crumbs
- Preheat griddle or large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs. Add canola oil and buttermilk. Stir until combined.
- Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter into preheated pan. Cook until the edges are starting to set, and bubbles are forming on the surface. Flip, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Best served warm with desired toppings
Amount Per Serving Calories 429Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 4mgSodium 876mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 5gSugar 29gProtein 9g