I love having lazy weekends with a big breakfast. It does not happen often around here, but I wish it did. Usually I can not justify all the calories in a big breakfast, so it is a once in awhile treat. Today though, I was up and leaving the house by 6:15. My 8 year old and I are heading up to the mountains to go skiing. The weather is supposed to be in the 30’s up there, so hopefully it will be a great day of skiing. After today, I think I will have definitely earned this stack of pancakes!
I actually made s’mores pancakes as one of my very first posts on the blog. But it was one of the few recipes that got lost when I transferred over a couple years ago. It is such a great breakfast treat, so I finally got around to re-making them. These pancakes are so easy to make, I just adapted my basic pancake recipe. Mix in a few chocolate chips, marshmallow, and graham crackers crumbs; and you have a thick and fluffy stack of pancakes that are perfect for a lazy breakfast.
The part where these pancakes go from a fun breakfast, to an over the top breakfast, is the toppings! I drizzled nutella on mine for more chocolate. Because, let’s face it, more chocolate is always good. Nutella is not required, your favorite hot fudge sauce would be perfect too. A few extra marshmallows and you are good to go! I froze the extra pancakes, so we could reheat them during the week. Great to have go to breakfasts ready for busy mornings.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 2 Tbls canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 sheet graham crackers, , crushed
- Hot Fudge Sauce or Nutella
- Mini marshmallows
- Graham Cracker crumbs
- Preheat griddle or large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs. Add canola oil and buttermilk. Stir until combined.
- Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter into preheated pan. Cook until the edges are starting to set, and bubbles are forming on the surface. Flip, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Best served warm with desired toppings
Amount Per ServingCalories 429 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 4mg Sodium 876mg Carbohydrates 63g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 5g Sugar 29g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 9g