Strawberry Brownies – a super simple, fun and easy dessert you can make in minutes. It starts with a box cake mix and turns into a rich and almost fudgy brownie!
But I will admit mixing it up has been quite tasty, and these strawberry brownies received rave reviews, so I know they will be made again and again.
This strawberry brownie recipe starts with a box cake mix, which I admit goes against almost everything I normally say when making brownies. But it is truly the best way to get the strawberry flavor.
What You’ll Need For The Brownies
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- White Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Frosting (optional)
How To Make Strawberry Brownies
I know it seems strange to start with a cake mix when you are making brownies, but trust me it works! You will get the fudgy texture you normally get with brownies by following the recipe, and disregarding the measurements on the box.
- Add the cake mix, eggs, and oil to a bowl and mix until well combined and smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Add white chocolate chips and mix until they are incorporated.
- Pour batter into an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Let them cool completely and then top with frosting if desired.
There is a frosting recipe in the recipe card below or you can use your favorite recipe or store bought frosting works as well.
Tips For Making Brownies
- You can use a mixer for this, but a bowl and spatula work just fine. You don’t have to beat for a long time like a traditional cake mix, so it doesn’t take much work to mix by hand.
- Under bake your brownies for the fudgiest texture. Just like when you are baking traditional brownies, you do not want to over bake them. Remember the pan is crazy hot, and stays that way for a long time, so the brownies continue cooking when you take them out of the oven. So under bake them just a little for the best results.
- The frosting for these are completely optional. My family is frosting fanatics, so it was a must at our house, but you get the classic crackly top of a brownie, so if you prefer it that way, just leave the frosting off.
- When topping with strawberries like the picture, do that when you serve them. The strawberries will leak juice over the top and make your brownies soggy or the frosting will have puddles of liquid and look unappetizing.
Strawberry brownies are a fun pink color that are great for spring and summer holidays and will be a huge hit with just about everyone. They are so easy to make, you can have them in the oven 5 minutes after you start!
So if you have a brownie lover and a strawberry lover in your life, these are going to be the best mash-up and they will love them!
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna
- Strawberry Cream Squares
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Crumb Bars
- Strawberry Almond Cupcakes
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- 1 (15.25 oz) box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Vanilla Frosting (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar (approximately)
- 2 Tbsp milk (approximately)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line an 8 or 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease and flour well.
- In a bowl mix together cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combine and smooth. Batter will be thick.
- Add white chocolate chips and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- If making the frosting cream the butter until fluffy. Add vanilla, milk, and 1/2 of the powdered sugar. Continue adding powdered sugar to get to the right consistency. You might have to adjust the milk or powdered sugar to make it spreadable. Spread over the cooled bars
Amount Per Serving Calories 432Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 61mgSodium 108mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 0gSugar 63gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!