Sweet and just a little bit spicy, these Honey Sriracha Chicken Bites disappeared lightning fast. Tender, bite size chunks of chicken cook in just minutes and then are tossed with an irresistible sticky glaze.
I am so excited for today’s recipe and guest blogger. Mary from Barefeet in the Kitchen is taking over today. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Mary in person, and she is one of my favorite people. Hilarious and so much fun to be around! If you are not familiar with her site, I suggest you head over there (as soon as you are done checking out this recipe), and browse through her site. I mean, Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Sauce and Crispy Oven Baked Ranch Chicken are just calling to be made!
Some of the best things about blogging are the friendships I’ve made over the past few years. After “knowing” each other online for a couple years, I met Erin last summer in Miami. We had a heck of a lot fun laughing, eating, and hanging out together. That was the same trip when I finally met my friend Rebecca from Foodie with Family. When I saw Rebecca’s recipe for Honey Sriracha Chicken Bites a few weeks ago, (and especially when Rebecca texted me to say her boys were going nuts over it!) I knew that I’d be making them for dinner soon.
In the spirit of our mutual friendships, I’m hanging out here with Erin today and sharing Rebecca’s recipe with you. My kids all gave this chicken two thumbs up. I served this chicken both with rice and in simple lettuce wraps. I highly recommend trying it alongside Sriracha Honey Roasted Broccoli, my all time favorite broccoli recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, , or 4 small thighs
- 1 tablespoon light flavored olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, , or 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, , or 1/2" piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Whisk together the honey, hot sauce, garlic, and ginger.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2" pieces.
- Warm a large skillet over medium high heat and add the oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken, toss it in the oil, then spread it across the skillet and let it cook for about 30 seconds without stirring.
- Toss again and continue cooking while stirring the chicken for about 3 more minutes, until mostly cooked through.
- Add the sauce and increase the heat to high. Stir to coat all the pieces and continue tossing the chicken in the sauce as it cooks.
- When the sauce has thickened and the chicken is sticky, remove from the pan, sprinkle with chives, and serve. Enjoy!
Dark or white meat will work well with this recipe. We choose chicken thighs most of the time, however the recipe will work great with chicken breast. When the chicken has finished cooking, remove it from the pan immediately. The small bites of chicken will continue cooking if they are left in the hot pan even a few extra minutes.br]
Lightly Adapted from [Foodie with Family
Amount Per Serving Calories 661Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 374mgSodium 663mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 72g
Thank you so much Mary for helping me out today! I can not wait to try these chicken bites, my husband is going to go crazy for them! Be sure to follow Barefeet in the Kitchen on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest so you can see even more yummy recipes!