Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Healthy Asian lettuce wraps there are better than PF Changs! So good, so easy, and they make a great weeknight meal!
I have loved lettuce wraps for years. I first learn about PF Changs lettuce wraps and how good they were shortly after I got married. Unfortunately we didn’t have one even close to us, so it was a long time before I got to try them. So I made them at home for a long time!
Then I think Chili’s had them on the menu for a short time, and they were so good! I remember going out to girls night and splitting the lettuce wraps, chips and salsa and enjoying margaritas. So you could say Asian lettuce wraps and I have a history.
Click HERE to get the full recipe.
My husband on the other hand is not a big fan. If I make them at home, I almost always make him some rice on the side, so he can eat it like a stir fry. Nothing wrong with that, I just like the crunch the lettuce gives it. Plus I can eat way more, because I am eating it with lettuce, right?
What You’ll Need
- Ground Chicken
- Water Chestnuts
- Chopped Peanuts
- Green Onions
- Soy Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Chili Garlic Sauce
I used ground chicken to make them a little less in calories and fat, but you can use any meat you like. Ground beef, ground turkey, and ground pork all work great!
How to Make Lettuce Wraps
Click HERE to get the full recipe.
- Cut your mushrooms and water chestnuts all the same size, so when you brown your chicken you don’t have big chunks of anything, they are all about the same.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the ground chicken and start to break it apart. Add onions, water chestnuts, and mushrooms; mix well. Cook for 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through and the veggies are soft.
- Mix in the ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until you can start to smell it.
- While everything is cooking mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce, and whisk until it is smooth.
- Pour over the meat and cook for 3-4 minutes for it to thicken and coat the meat.
- Fill your lettuce cups and top with chopped peanuts and green onions
Which Lettuce is Best for Wraps
I like to use Bibb Lettuce or Romaine Lettuce. You could even use Iceberg if you wanted. You wants something that will hold up to the filling that is still super crunchy. I think these 3 lettuces do the best job for that.
These chicken lettuce wraps are super easy to make and they are ready in about 20 minutes. While the meat and veggies are cooking you mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Then you just have to pile it on the lettuce and you are done. It is great for busy weeknights, to make ahead for lunches or even when you are entertaining as an appetizer.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Minestrone Soup
- Crockpot Chicken & Gravy
- BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Air Fryer Tacos
- Pork Stir Fry
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Creamy Chicken and Rice
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Chicken Lettuce Wraps to get the full recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
I have an ongoing relationship with Imperial Sugar for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.