Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Healthy Asian lettuce wraps there are better than PF Changs! So good, so easy, and they make a great weeknight meal!
I have loved lettuce wraps for years. I first learn about PF Changs lettuce wraps and how good they were shortly after I got married. Unfortunately we didn’t have one even close to us, so it was a long time before I got to try them. So I made them at home for a long time!
Then I think Chili’s had them on the menu for a short time, and they were so good! I remember going out to girls night and splitting the lettuce wraps, chips and salsa and enjoying margaritas. So you could say Asian lettuce wraps and I have a history.
Click HERE to get the full recipe.
My husband on the other hand is not a big fan. If I make them at home, I almost always make him some rice on the side, so he can eat it like a stir fry. Nothing wrong with that, I just like the crunch the lettuce gives it. Plus I can eat way more, because I am eating it with lettuce, right?
Today I am sharing one of my favorite chicken lettuce wraps. You can name them with just about any meat; ground turkey, ground beef, sliced beef, and even pieces of chicken are all good. But this one adds onion, water chestnuts and mushrooms all with the chicken. It is like a flavor and texture explosion of deliciousness!
How to Make Lettuce Wraps
- Cut your mushrooms and water chestnuts all the same size, so when you brown your chicken you don’t have big chunks of anything, they are all about the same.
- There is very little fat in the meat you are using, so don’t be shy and use oil in the pan. Peanut oil or Vegetable oil are great for the high smoke point.
- Brown your meat, use a high temperature and really cook it. You want to get little tiny brown bits on your meat, this gives it great flavor
- Cook the veggies and the meat at the same time, so your meat doesn’t get dry and over cooked
- Mix the sauce in a small bowl and add it to the meat. Just let it simmer for a couple minutes and you are done
- Fill your lettuce cups and top with chopped peanuts and green onions
Which Lettuce is Best for Wraps
I like to use Bibb Lettuce or Romaine Lettuce. You could even use Iceberg if you wanted. You wants something that will hold up to the filling that is still super crunchy. I think these 3 lettuces do the best job for that.
These chicken lettuce wraps are super easy to make and they are ready in about 20 minutes. While the meat and veggies are cooking you mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Then you just have to pile it on the lettuce and you are done. It is great for busy weeknights, to make ahead for lunches or even when you are entertaining as an appetizer.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Chicken Lettuce Wraps to get the full recipe.
I have an ongoing relationship with Imperial Sugar for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.