Air Fryer Tacos – skip the store bought crispy shells and make your own in the air fryer. Super easy and so much better!
I will admit it, I love a good crispy taco. I know they aren’t authentic, I know if you are from Mexico you cringe at the thought of the crispy taco shells sold in the grocery store. But I grew up with them, and I like them.
But I found that making them in the air fryer with just regular corn tortillas is so much better! You get the crispy shell, but can still actually taste the real corn tortilla. And you can still fill them with whatever you like!
What You’ll Need
- Corn Tortillas
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Olive Oil
You really can fill these with whatever you like. If you want to do vegetarian you could fill them with beans and cheese. Or you can use my favorite Instant Pot Salsa Chicken to fill them with. Whatever you have and like for your taco filling is what you can use. Just use the recipe as a guide for cooking the taco part.
How To Make Air Fryer Tacos
- Get all of your fillings and toppings ready to go. Cook your ground beef and use taco seasoning to make traditional taco meat. Or use beans, chicken etc.
- Wrap corn tortillas in a towel and microwave for about a minute, until they are very warm. This will ensure they don’t crack.
- Fill each tortilla with meat and cheese, and then fold over to form a taco.
- Brush the outside with olive oil and place in the air fryer.
- Cook at 400º for about 8 minutes, flipping half way though.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer and top with whatever toppings you desire!
Best Taco Toppings
You really can go crazy here, use as much or as little as you like!
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Sour Cream
- Roasted Corn Salsa
Why Do My Shells Crack
If you are using corn tortillas you have to heat them well or they will crack. You can do this by wrapping them in a towel and microwaving them. Or you can heat them in a dry skillet for about 20-30 seconds on each side, until they are very pliable and soft.
If they start cracking as you are working with them, just reheat them for a few seconds and they should be fine.
What Goes With Tacos
Can I Reheat Air Fried Tacos
Yes, if you have leftovers let them cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To reheat them, you can use the oven or the air fryer. Set it at 300º F and heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
More Mexican Dinner Recipes
- Chipotle Chicken Bowls
- Mexican Pizza
- Wet Burrito
- Air Fryer Chimichanga
- Mini Tostadas
- Chile Relleno Casserole
- Potato Tacos
- Breakfast Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Taco Toppings
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add ground beef, breaking apart, and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned. Drain any grease away. Add taco seasoning and water called for on the packet. Simmer for a few minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Wrap corn tortillas in a towel and microwave for 1 minute.
- Working in batches, fill 4 of the tortillas with ground beef and cheese.
- Fold in half to form a taco and brush the outside with olive oil.
- Pace in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 400º F for 8 minutes, flipping half way.
- Remove the cooked ones and repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Top the cooked tacos with whatever your favorite taco toppings are.
Amount Per Serving Calories 309Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 71mgSodium 252mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 2gSugar 0gProtein 22g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!