Copycat Tokyo Joes Chicken Spring Rolls – almost no cooking required to make this easy copy cat recipe for chicken spring rolls.
Summer is in full swing!! A couple weeks of camp have happened, friends have visited, trips to the pool, and lots of time outside. I think my son has fully enjoyed the first few weeks of no school. I know I have enjoyed watching him have fun and get to do some of his favorite things. Even if all his activities mean that our schedule is totally thrown off. Last week we had friends visiting, who had an 11 month old little girl. It is the first time he has been around a baby in years, and he was totally smitten. He loved teaching her new things and watching her explore. He was so good with her too, it was fun to watch. He was very sad to see them go.
This summer has been a little hot. Some days have been perfect, but then we have had a few days in the upper 90’s already. Those days I don’t want to cook. Not even stand out and grill anything, it is just too hot. Which is where these chicken spring rolls come in handy. You can either cook the chicken on your own, or if you really want to make it easy you can use rotisserie chicken from the store. Then you don’t have to cook anything at all! So easy to make and then just have in the fridge for a light, healthy, and delicious dinner.
We have a restaurant in town called Tokyo Joes. I have never actually be there. My friend Sandra from A Dash of Sanity brought me their chicken spring rolls once, and I fell in love. I have been dreaming about them since. Unfortunately they are rather far from my house, so I have’t went back to actually get them again. But now I don’t have to! The spring rolls are filled with cucumber slices, carrots, rice noodles, avocado, and chicken. So fresh. They have a wide variety of sauces you can pick from, but I went basic with the Teriyaki sauce. At home I doctored it up a little, and it was so good. I made these copycat Tokyo Joes chicken spring rolls for lunch the other day, and my son loved them. He said next time I make them he wants to help me roll them. So I know what we are having for lunch this week!
- 1 cup cooked chicken , thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup match stick carrots
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1 cucumber , thinly sliced
- 2 cups rice noodles , cooked according to package directions
- 8 sheets rice paper
- 1/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce (low sodium)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger , grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic , grated
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Fill a 13x9 inch baking dish with warm water. Place 1 sheet if rice paper in. Let sit for 15-20 seconds until soft and pliable.
- Spread on a plate. Fill with about 1/4 cup carrots, and rice noodles, 2 slices of avocado, a couple slices of chicken, and a few cucumber slices.
- Fold over the bottom half, fold in both of the sides, and roll to close. Place on a tray or plate.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Mean while to prepare the dipping sauce mix together teriyaki sauce, garlic and ginger until smooth. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Want more copycat recipes?
Even more fun Copycat Recipes: