Olive Garden Minestrone Soup – Make the classic minestrone soup at home! This soup is made all in one pan, is full of all sorts of veggies and even pasta, all in a delicious rich tomato based broth.
I love soup for lunch. As soon as the weather starts to cool off I could eat soup every day of the week! But I do get bored easily and like to mix it up. Chicken Wild Rice Soup is one of my all time favorites and always will be.
I love going to Olive Garden for their soup lunch. You can mix and match soups and try more than one, which is perfect! I already have a Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe from them on here as well, that is how much I like it!
This minestrone soup recipe is so easy to make, you can do it even on busy weeknights. You have to chop a couple things, but mainly it is open cans and dump. You could even chop the veggies the night before and have them ready and waiting for you. And the added bonus is this is a vegan soup. Not purposefully made that way, just by chance! So Meatless Monday here we come!
Minestrone soup is a traditional Italian soup that is made with vegetables and often has a small cut pasta or even rice mixed in. It is traditionally a soup that uses whatever you have on hand, so there is no real set recipe for it.
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup is super easy to make.
- Start by chopping onions, celery, carrots, and zucchini.
- Saute the veggies in a little oil until they are soft. This only takes a couple of minutes.
- Next you add in the garlic and let that cook for just about a minute. You want to be able to start to smell it, then you know it is time to add more ingredients.
- The tomatoes, tomato paste and vegetable broth are next. You could use a chicken broth if that is what you had and you didn’t care about this being vegan or vegetarian.
- Once that is boiling you throw in most of the rest of the ingredients. The white beans, kidney beans, green beans, seasonings and even the pasta goes in.
- The pasta cooks as the broth simmers and everything gets all nice and warm and flavorful.
- During the last couple minutes you throw in the spinach to let it wilt it and then season with salt and pepper. That is it.
- If you aren’t trying to go vegan this is best served with a little Parmesan cheese on top!
Minestrone Soup is a super hearty and filling soup. It is super flexible too; use whatever veggies you have in your fridge or even in your freezer. It is a great way to up the last little bit of something. I used small shell pasta, but you can use rotini or penne or even macaroni if that is what you have. The beans are pretty flexible too, so use what you have.
This is such a hearty and filling soup that you never feel guilty eating. It is full of healthy vegetables so you are getting tons of nutrients in such a tasty way. You could even add in ground beef if you want, I have seen minestrone with meat plenty of times. Such an easy dinner you can make even on busy nights that will definitely warm you up!
More Soups You will Love:
- Wonton Soup – Ready in under 15 minutes!
- Taco Soup – Great for taco night!
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – Cheese and delicious!
- Crock Pot Potato Soup – top with cheese, bacon, and more!
- Spaghetti & Meatball Soup – pasta night in a whole new way!
- Beef Barley Soup – great for the crock pot
And what goes perfectly with soup? Soft Breadsticks!