Easy Taco Soup – a hearty and comforting taco flavored soup that is ready in minutes. Top with your favorite toppings to make it even better!
I am pretty sure that if you have visited this site before, you know that I like Mexican food. It can be Mexican Rice Skillet that is ready in no time. Or it could be enchiladas. Enchiladas are one of my family’s favorite things, and Homemade Enchilada Sauce makes them even better. So this taco soup should come as no surprise.
One thing you know about me is I like easy dinners. If they can be made in one pan, that is even better. And this easy taco soup fits the bill for both. It is ready in less than 30 minutes, and all you need is one pan to make it in. It is thick and hearty, but still pretty good for you.
This easy taco soup is super easy to make to whatever your family likes. I don’t like beans, so I didn’t add any. But adding black beans or pinto beans would be a great way to bulk up the soup and add flavor. I added corn for my family, but you can add both!
One of the best parts of soup is adding toppings to it, or having bread to dip in it. Corn Muffins are great to serve with taco soup if you want to sop up the last bit of soup in the bottom of the bowl. Plus add all of your favorite taco toppings to your bowl. Shredded cheese, fresh tomatoes, diced avocados, and don’t forget the crunch! Frito or crushed tortilla chips are a must!
You want to know a little secret about this soup? You can make it on the stove top in less than 30 minutes, or you can make it in the crock pot. All you have to do is brown the meat, and then add everything to the slow cooker and let it cook all day. Then dinner can be waiting for you!
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 packet taco seasoniong
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 cups chicken broth
- In a large pot heat oil over medium high heat. Add ground meat and onions, break apart and cook until browned and onions are soft. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minutes.
- Stir in taco seasoning and flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, corn kernels and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with favorite taco toppings