Ground Mongolian Beef Recipe – a budget friendly twist on classic Mongolian beef. All the great taste in a cheap and easy dinner you can have ready in minutes!
I am all about getting dinner on the table fast! It can be anything from Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls that take just minutes to make, or something that sits in the crock pot all day and I just pull it out at dinner time. Anytime I don’t have to do a ton of work I am happy!
Crock Pot Chili is one of my favorites for easy dinners that are just waiting for me. I brown the ground beef, and then just dump and go. I come home to dinner ready. Doesn’t get much better than that!
So this Mongolian Beef Recipe is different than the traditional because it uses ground beef. I have a classic Mongolian beef on the blog, so if you want to make it that way, be sure to check it out! But ground beef is so much cheaper than any cut of steak, so this is definitely something you can make any night of the week and not feel guilty about! Serve with some veggies on the side and you have a whole dinner that everyone is going to love done in minutes.
Mongolian beef sauce is really just soy sauce, a sweetener, vinegar to give it some tang, and chili paste for some spice. It is really simple to throw together. You don’t have a ton of sauce in this recipe, it really just coats the meat. It isn’t like Chicken Tikka Masala where you have ton of sauce you want to soak up with rice.
How to Make Mongolian Beef with Ground Beef
There are really just 2 steps to make this recipe. It comes together in really just minutes, and could not be easier.
- In a large skillet you will brown the ground beef, breaking it up into small pieces. Once it is mostly cooked you will add the garlic and ginger and cook for a couple minutes.
- Mix together the sauce in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- After the beef is cooked, you just add the sauce and let simmer for a few minutes.
That is it! Really, you are done in about 15 minutes. And you have something that is cheap, easy, and the whole family is going to love it! And I know everyone loves cheap dinner ideas!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Italian Baked Chicken
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Lasagna
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Ginger Paste, or approximately 1 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Mirin, or cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chili Garlic Paste
- 2 cups Cooked White Rice
- In a large skillet heat sesame oil over medium high heat. Add ground beef, breaking up and cooking for 5-6 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce until smooth.
- Pour sauce over meat mixture. Mix until well combined. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately over rice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 551Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 101mgSodium 1143mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 35g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!