Sausage Pasta Skillet is a quick and easy one pot meal the whole family will love. Creamy, cheesy, sausage pasta dinner.
Getting dinner on the table on busy weeknights can be a challenge. But I really don’t want to rely on take out, delivery or the drive through. So I am determined to have a few recipes in my arsenal that I can just pull out and get on the table fast! This sausage pasta is perfect for that!
I grew up on Old Fashioned Goulash as a kid, it was a staple in our house. It is one that I definitely still make today. But sometimes you have to mix it up, and I am a huge fan of sausage, so this pasta skillet is high up there in our rotation.
I am all about super quick skillet meals. Enchilada Pasta Skillet, Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet, Mexican Rice Skillet, and I have two more that I still need to share with you! Everything is cooked in one pan (including the pasta), and it is ready in about 20 minutes.
You really can’t beat that, especially this time of year. My son is always excited when I tell him we are having a pasta skillet for dinner. He loves to scoop up all the sauce, and get his plate perfectly clean!
Sausage Pasta Skillet uses just a few ingredients, most of which you can keep on hand at all times. I used kielbasa for the sausage. Kielbasa lasts for a really long time in the fridge if you don’t open it. So stock up when it is on sale, and you will always be ready to make this. Y
You can mix up the flavor and use just about any kind of sausage you have on hand or your family likes for this. You can use the turkey sausage for lower calories or the pork and beef versions, it really is up to you! Creamy, cheesy, tomato-y, with a slight kick can never be wrong!
How to Make Sausage Pasta
- Start by slicing your sausage into little coins. I like to leave them this way, but you could slice those in half into little half moons if you wanted. That works great if you have younger kids you are feeding.
- Brown the sausage and onion together until the sausage is starting to brown and the onions are soft.
- Next add in the garlic and cook for just about a minute. I like to do this last so that I make sure it doesn’t burn. Nothing is worse that burnt garlic.
- Then everything else (minus the cheese) goes into the pan. Stir to make sure everything is evenly mixed and then you just let it cook. Bring it to a boil and then cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. The pasta will cook and soak up the liquid.
- Once the pasta is cooked most of the liquid should be gone. Mix in your cheese and then you serve.
Want more Easy Dinners?
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta – easy pasta dinner with tomatoes, chicken, mushrooms and more!
- Sausage & Rice Skillet – one pan meal with kielbasa and rice that is so good
- One Pan Pizza Chicken – all the flavor of pizza with chicken!
- Chicken Lo Mein – skip take out and make this family favorite at home
- Italian Stuffed Chicken – just 5 ingredients and so simple!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 pound Kielbasa
- 1 cup onion, , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 3 cups short cut pasta
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup colby/jack cheese
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are soft, and sausage is starting to brown. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in pasta, tomatoes, milk, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 8-10 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Stir in cheese.
- Let stand for 5 minutes for sauce to thicken before serving.
Amount Per ServingCalories 666 Total Fat 43g Saturated Fat 17g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 23g Cholesterol 105mg Sodium 1618mg Carbohydrates 41g Fiber 2g Sugar 9g Protein 29g