One Pan Pizza Chicken – get all the flavor of pizza in a one pan chicken dinner! Super easy recipe with just a few ingredients, to get you through those tough weeknights.
Everyone loves pizza night, but you can’t really have pizza every night of the week. So I like to come up with fun new ways to get those flavors in other easy dinners that my family loves.
Pizza Pasta is a quick and easy one pan meal that is a staple on busy nights. This chicken recipe is so easy to make, it is quickly going to become a staple in your house.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Everything comes together in ONE PAN! Not only do you brown the chicken in that pan, but then you bake it until it is fully cooked. So it is super easy with little clean up.
- Mix up the toppings however you like! I used turkey pepperoni, sliced black olives, and mushrooms, but you really can use whatever toppings you like on a pizza.
- If you are watching carbs, this is a great low-carb and even Keto friendly recipe.
What You’ll Need
- Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Tomato Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Mushroom Pieces
- Sliced Black Olives
- Turkey Pepperoni (or regular)
- Mozzarella Cheese
To make this Pizza Chicken come together in literally minutes, I did use some canned goods that I have in my pantry at all times! But you can mix it up, and use fresh mushrooms or whatever other veggies that you like.
How to Make Pizza Chicken
- Chicken – Start by browning the chicken thighs, or you can use chicken breasts, on each side. You don’t want to fully cook the chicken, just brown it on the outside.
- Vegetables – Add in the mushrooms, olives, peppers or other veggies that you are using.
- Sauce – Mix in tomato sauce and seasonings, or use prepared pizza sauce. Pour it evenly over the top of everything.
- Cheese – Top with cheese and then place it in the oven until the chicken is fully cooked and the cheese is melted.
Other Pizza Chicken Toppings
You can really mix up the toppings to be whatever your favorites are. Here are a few of my favorite ideas.
- Bell Peppers
- Artichoke Hearts
- Canadian Bacon
And if you have a jar of pizza sauce, feel free to use that instead of the quick homemade version that is called for in the recipe.
What Goes With Pizza Chicken
You really could serve just about anything with this chicken dish. Here are a few of my favorites.
If you have leftovers store the chicken in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can reheat in the microwave until it is warmed through.
More One Pan Dinner Recipes
- Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese
- One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- Chicken Fajita Pasta
- One Pan Cheesy Sausage Pasta
- Sausage & Rice Skillet
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Cheesy Skillet Chili Mac
- Creamy Chicken and Rice
One Pan Pizza Chicken
One Pan Pizza Chicken - get all the flavor of pizza in a one pan chicken dinner! Super easy recipe to get you through those tough weeknights.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs (can use chicken breasts)
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (4 oz) can mushrooms pieces
- 1 (2.25 oz) can black olives, sliced
- 24-30 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a large oven proof skillet heat olive oil over high heat. Brown chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove the pan from heat.
- In a small bowl add onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle mushrooms and sliced olives over the chicken. Place 4-5 slices of pepperoni on each piece of chicken.
- Pour the tomato sauce mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over the chicken.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Time will depend on the cut of chicken and how thick your chicken is.
- Serve immediately
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 497Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 259mgSodium 997mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 57g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons (or name of your local Albertsons owned store) . The opinions and text are all mine.
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Cookin Canuck says
Now that’s some cheesy goodness! My kids would go crazy for this meal.
Cyndi - My Kitchen Craze says
Love quick easy meals like this. Plus we love anything pizza related. Score!!
Alida // Alida's Kitchen says
Look at all that cheesy cheese! My kids will love this (me too!!)
This looks so delicious! My kids will be so glad it only uses one pan…who am I kidding, I have to always go back and scrub the pans more so I’m super grateful.;)
Andie Thueson says
One pan, pizza, and chicken – sounds like a winner to me!!
An awesome one pan dinner — my kids loved it!
Jacque Hastert says
One pan chicken dinner for the win right here. It’s the best of both worlds.
This looks so cheesy & so delicious!! I love the idea of one pan & I love chicken & pizza!
I made this for dinner last weekend and my family LOVED it! It was so easy to make!
Brandy O'Neill says
You can’t go wrong with anything pizza related!!
Dorothy at Shockinglydelish says
All the best parts of pizza with none of the carbs. This sounds delicious! Even better because it is quick and easy!
What’s not to love about this!? Love the combo!
Ooooh, that looks so good and all that cheese is making me drool!
Chrissie Baker says
Erin, this recipe looks fabulous. Perfect comfort food. Your photography is beautiful too.
Taylor W says
My family would eat this right up! Love this idea!
I think we’ve found a new family favorite! Pure cheesy perfection!
Sara Welch says
Bring on the comfort food! Definitely making this for dinner this week; looks too good to pass up!
Amazing comfort food! Even better than pizza, super delicious
katerina @ diethood.com says
This is making me so hungry right now! Looks incredible! I bet it tastes amazing!
Traci Kenworth says
This looks crazy delicious! My family will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.