One Pan Pizza Chicken – get all the flavor of pizza in a one pan chicken dinner! Super easy recipe with just a few ingredients, to get you through those tough weeknights.
Everyone loves pizza night, but you can’t really have pizza every night of the week! So I like to come up with fun new ways to get those flavors in other easy dinners that my family loves. Pizza Pasta is a quick and easy one pan meal that is a staple on busy nights. This chicken recipe is so easy to make, it is quickly going to become a staple in your house.
One Pan Pizza Chicken is soon to become a staple in your weeknight cycle. It starts with pantry staples; canned goods. You can have everything on hand to make this at any time, with no special ingredients. I always have a stocked pantry full of canned goods. They are the perfect way to get fresh tasting food on the table, because they are packaging them just hours after picking.
So I know the canned tomatoes are going to be sweet and delicious every time. Plus they are just so darn easy! Talk about reducing the prep time and getting dinner on the table fast. No slicing of the mushrooms or olives, just open the can and pour them in.
Pizza Chicken Ingredients
You can really mix up the toppings to be whatever your favorites are. Here are a few of my favorite ideas.
- Bell Peppers
- Artichoke Hearts
- Tomato Sauce (or Pizza Sauce)
How to Make Pizza Chicken
- Chicken – Start by browning the chicken thighs, or you can use chicken breasts, on each side. You don’t want to fully cook the chicken, just brown it on the outside.
- Vegetables – Add in the mushrooms, olives, peppers or other veggies that you are using.
- Sauce – Mix in tomato sauce and seasonings, or use prepared pizza sauce.
- Cheese – Top with cheese and then place until the chicken is fully cooked and the cheese is melted.
I was able to pick up all the canned goods I needed, plus more at my Safeway. Help celebrate National Canned Food Month and get cooking in the kitchen with cans! Canned foods often cost up to 20% less than fresh, so you are saving money!! But not sacrificing on nutrition, freshness or flavor.
- Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese
- One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- Chicken Fajita Pasta
- One Pan Cheesy Sausage Pasta
- Sausage & Rice Skillet
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Cheesy Skillet Chili Mac
- Creamy Chicken and Rice
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, , skinless chicken thighs (can use chicken breasts)
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can mushrooms pieces
- 1 can black olives, , sliced
- 24-30 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1 1/2 cup Mozarella cheese, , shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large oven proof skillet heat olive oil over high heat. Brown chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle mushrooms and olive over the chicken. Place about 4 slices of pepperoni on each piece of chicken.
- Pour tomato sauce evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle cheese over the chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Time will depend on the cut of chicken and how thick your chicken is.
- Serve immediately
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 555Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 279mgSodium 1454mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 62g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons (or name of your local Albertsons owned store) . The opinions and text are all mine.