Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread – soft and tender zucchini bread with hints of cinnamon and plenty of chocolate chips!
Every year I say I am going to plant fewer zucchini plants, but then I forget or just ignore my own advice. But that isn’t always a bad thing either. We can have a freezer stocked with our favorite Zucchini Muffins for a couple months.
I love zucchini and chocolate together so these Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are another favorite. Today we are making a classic style zucchini bread that is full of cinnamon and nutmeg for those warm spices and then lots of chocolate chips!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread might by my favorite thing to bake with zucchini. The chocolate with the cinnamon and spices just goes so well together. And if you eat it when it is warm and the chocolate is melt-y it is pure heaven! Plus it is just so easy to make!
The most important thing when you are making a quick bread or muffins is not to over mix your ingredients. This leads to your baked goods being tough and not nearly as tender. So mixing the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately is an important step you don’t want to miss.
Zucchini Bread Tips and Tricks:
- When you are making zucchini bread you want to pay attention to the recipe to see if you are supposed to squeeze the liquid out of the zucchini or not. In this recipe, you just shred the zucchini and use it as is. You need the liquid to make the batter come together. But this is not always the case in a recipe.
- Feel free to add in a cup of your favorite chopped nuts. Walnuts would be great in this recipe!
- If you have picky eaters you can peel your zucchini before you shred it. This will ensure that is melts into the background and disappears. No green flecks to worry those picky eaters.
- I bake my bread in a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan. You can divide this into muffins if you would like or bake into mini loaf pans as well. Just use a tooth pick to test when they are done. It should come out clean once the bread is fully baked.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl from the wet ingredients. This will help so you don’t over mix your batter and your bread comes out tender and delicious.
- To freeze your bread you can wrap in foil and place the entire loaf in the freezer. I have also sliced the bread and placed the slices on a baking sheet to freeze them. Once they are frozen, stack in a loaf form again and place in a freezer safe bag. This allows you to only take out a slice at a time for breakfast or a snack.
Part of what makes this chocolate chip zucchini bread special is using both white and brown sugar. The bread is sweet, super soft and just has more flavor than when you use all white sugar.
If you have zucchini in your garden or a friend gave you a bunch or you just picked up some at the store, this zucchini bread should be at the top of your list to make. There is just something about zucchini and chocolate together that gets me every time. Or you can go all out with these Zucchini Brownies for the ultimate chocolate experience.
More Great Bread Recipes
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Apple Pie Bread
- Coconut Lime Quick Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread
- Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg, oil, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth and well blended.
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips to egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Slowly add zucchini mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing.
Adapted from Paula Deen
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 331Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 19mgSodium 216mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 28gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!