Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread is the perfect gift or treat this holiday season. A quick bread with tons of cinnamon flavor, chocolate chips and topped with a chocolate glaze.
Today I am sharing a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread over at Your Homebased Mom. All November long Leigh Ann has been a co-host of Bake Craft Sew. Your Homebased Mom is the site for all kinds of edible gifts, Mique from Thirty Handmade Days, is about all things crafting, and Cindy of Skip to My Lou is doing a whole month of sewing ideas. I am only good at the edible gifts, so I am excited to check out some of the craft and sewing ideas. I am not a very good crafter, but sometimes I am inspired to try! And the holidays is as good of time as any.
I am excited that I can be a part of this event. My Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread is a great gift this time of year. I love making homemade treats for teachers, friends and neighbors. This bread is great, you can make mini loaves or a full sized loaf to give to friends. It would also make a great hostess gift if you are going to a party!
There is just something about a quick bread that I love. This Sour Cream Banana Bread is perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread is amazing warm. All the melty chocolate chips in there! The chocolate glaze is kind of optional, but when in my life is chocolate glaze optional? I love to make up a couple of these loafs, and wrap one to put in the freezer. It is perfect to bring out when guests arrive, or have with coffee or tea. Plus all that cinnamon flavor just screams for colder weather!
More Bread Recipes
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Honey Oat Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Apple Pie Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x4 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together sugar, brown sugar, egg, canola oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture, and mix together until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cook for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and placing in a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze melt together the butter and the chocolate chips. Mix in powdered sugar and enough milk to get it to the desired consistency.
- Drizzle chocolate glaze over the cooled bread.
Amount Per Serving Calories 431Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 26mgSodium 311mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 3gSugar 42gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook,and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can
share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and
tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you
never miss a post!