Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread – soft and tender pumpkin bread loaded with chocolate chips. Full of cinnamon and spices and perfect for fall!
My son is obsessed with all things pumpkin. And always has been. He can get either of his grandma’s to make him Pumpkin Pie in the middle of summer. So it should come as no surprise that pumpkin is a staple as soon as fall starts to set in.
This Pumpkin Bread has been on rotation for years. But sometimes you need a little chocolate in the mix. And that is where this chocolate chip pumpkin bread comes in.
This is an easy pumpkin bread to make. You don’t need a mixer, just 2 bowls and a spatula to mix everything together. The dry ingredients get mixed separately so when you mix everything together you don’t over mix anything.
When you are making Muffin Recipes or any quick bread you want to be careful not to over mix. Over mixing means that your baked goods will not be as soft and tender as they should be. So mix just until the white streaks disappear and then pour it into your pan.
I am usually a chocolate lover to the core. So Easy Homemade Brownies are more of what I crave. Which is why I love putting chocolate with pumpkin. Trust me, if you haven’t tried it, it just works!
This recipe comes from my mother in law. She always has a loaf stashed in her freezer, so my son loves visiting there. This is the perfect pumpkin bread to freeze. I like to slice it and then wrap in foil and place in the freezer. That way you can just take out a slice and warm it up when your cravings strike.
If you are a fan of nuts, you can definitely mix in pecans or walnuts into this recipe. You can do half chocolate, half nuts, or all nuts, or all chocolate. You really can mix it up how you want. This chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe makes 2 loaves, so you could even make one of each!
Fall is such a great time of year for cooking and baking. I have lots of Favorite Fall Recipes, but baking pumpkin bread is definitely a sign that fall is here.
Try even more Pumpkin Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake – that chocolate glaze is everything!
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins – great to have in the freezer
- Pumpkin Dump Cake – can’t get much easier!
- Pumpkin Dream Cake – those layers with that cinnamon frosting is amazing!
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake – thick struesel is perfection!
- Pumpkin Bars – I grew up with these and they are still a huge favorite
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 9x5 inch loaf pans or line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs and water. Mix until smooth and well blended.
- Gently mix flour and pumpkin mixture together. When just barely combined add mini chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Divide evenly between to pans. If using the semi-sweet chocolate chips, sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cook for 15 minutes before removing from the pan and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per ServingCalories 360 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 37mg Sodium 317mg Carbohydrates 54g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 36g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g