Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread – a peanut butter quick bread full of chocolate chips! A great snack, breakfast, or even dessert.
Today my in-laws arrive to help take care of our son while my husband and I go on a trip for our 15th wedding anniversary. We are still trying to get adjusted to the new school schedule and figure out middle school. So I am trying to get everything I can prepped and ready for my mother in-law ahead of time. It has been over 30 years since she had to get a kid ready for school, so she may be out of practice 🙂 One of the things I am doing to help make the mornings easier for her, is having quick breakfasts my son can just grab himself. Muffins and quick bread in the freezer seems like a good way to accomplish this.
Muffins are kind of a staple in my freezer. My son loves them, and they are great for him when he is in a hurry before school. He can eat 2 muffins and a banana quickly, and we are out the door. This peanut butter chocolate chip bread is kind of the same thing. He can have a big slice and he is ready to go! I have frozen whole loaves of bread many times in the past, but this time I am froze individual slices. I sliced the whole loaf, laid the slices on a baking sheet and put it in the freezer for about an hour. Once the slices were frozen, I shaped it back into a loaf, put it in a freezer bag, and put it in the freezer. Now it should be easy for him to grab, reheat or thaw, and eat.
This peanut butter chocolate chip bread is even pretty good for you. It has yogurt and all natural peanut butter as the base. So it isn’t overly sweet and gets a decent amount of protein in each slice. The chocolate chips add just the right amount of sweetness, and if you eat a slice warm you have melty chocolate-y deliciousness! And if you want to turn it into dessert, a good smear of chocolate hazelnut spread does the trick.
- 3/4 cup all natural peanut butter, (I used Justin's brand)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, (I used Stonyfield)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat together peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a liquid measuring cup mix together yogurt and buttermilk.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture and 1/2 the yogurt mixture and mix until combined. Add remaining flour and yogurt until combined, but do not overmix.
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. If the top of the bread is browning too quickly, cover with foil until it is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing from the pan to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 406Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 39mgSodium 417mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 4gSugar 29gProtein 11g
More Bread Recipes You Might Like:
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Glazed Peach Bread by Deliciously Sprinkled
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread by Something Swanky
- Lemon Blueberry Bread by Glorious Treats
- Carrot Apple Bread by Averie Cooks
**This post is sponsored by Stonyfield and Justin’s.