Cherry Limeade Moscow Mule – turn a classic Moscow mule into a fun summer cocktail flavored like a cherry limeade! Fun, delicious and refreshing!
A love a good summer cocktail. Something that is cool and refreshing is my favorite. White Sangria is a favorite for get togethers every summer. Summer is meant for fun cocktails with friends enjoying the weather!
A Moscow Mule is a classic, and it is fun to switch up the flavors sometimes! Strawberry Mule is great with fresh summer berries. This version uses the famous cherry limeade drink as its inspiration and makes it extra tasty!
HOW TO MAKE A MOSCOW MULE
- A copper mug is traditional, but not required. Any glass will do.
- Ice – you need lots of ice. Moscow mules are best served cold.
- Vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice are added and then you just mix
- To mix up the flavor you can use a different alcohol, add more or different juices and even fruit.
Moscow Mule ingredients are simple, so you want to make sure you use quality ingredients. Fresh lime juice is key, the bottled stuff isn’t nearly as good. You can use any vodka you like – Tito’s or Absolute are 2 that I like. There are a ton of brands of ginger beer out there, so just try them and find your favorite. Some are spicier and some are sweeter.
This Moscow mule recipe is not traditional, but it is still quite tasty! Cherry Limeade is a sweet and slightly tart drink that is a hit in the summer. So I combined the 2 to make this fun summer cocktail. And in the fall try this Holiday Moscow Mule that uses cranberry juice!
To get the cherry flavor I used the juice from a jar of maraschino cherries. Super easy to add the flavor, and then of course garnish with a few cherries. If you like your cocktails sweeter, you can add a little simple syrup to the mix. But I think the cherry juice does a good job of giving just the right amount of sweetness to the mix.
When you are looking for a fun summer drink to make, think of this cherry limeade Moscow mule next time. It will surely impress! I am eyeing this Ginger Whiskey Cocktail for my next drink.
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 3 limes , juiced
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 12 oz ginger beer
- Mix together vodka, lime juice, and cherry juice until well combined.
- Divide into 4 glasses filled with ice. Top with ginger beer to serve.
- Garnish with lime and cherries if desired.
Amount Per ServingCalories 147 Sodium 7mg Carbohydrates 12g Fiber 1g Sugar 8g