Crunchwrap Supreme – a copycat version of the infamous Taco Bell crunchwrap. This homemade version is super easy to make and so much better than the original!
You guys know I love a good copycat recipe, and I am pretty sure you love them just as much. The Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is one of the most popular recipes on the blog. So I thought it was time to tackle another Taco Bell favorite. The Crunchwrap Supreme!
What Is A Crunchwrap Supreme
It is basically handheld deliciousness! A flour tortilla is layered with taco meat, nacho cheese, a crispy tostada shell, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. It is wrapped up tight and then grilled until crispy.
This has been around the internet for awhile, so you may have seen it before, but it is so easy! You really just layer everything together, fold it up, and then heat it to melt the cheese and crisp up the outside.
As of now Taco Bell still has this on the menu, but the homemade version so so much better! Plus they change their menu all the time, so who knows how long it will last.
What’s In a Crunchwrap Supreme
- Taco Meat
- Nacho Cheese
- Tostada Shell
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese
- Flour Tortilla
How To Make a Crunchwrap Supreme
This is super easy to make, it is more of how to assemble it. You can use your favorite nacho cheese or Queso Recipe or you can just use a jar of store bought nacho cheese sauce for this recipe.
- Start by making your taco meat. Just brown your ground beef until it is cooked and drain away any fat in the pan. Add your taco seasoning and water and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Start with a large wrap or burrito sized tortilla and add about 1/4 cup of meat into the center. Drizzle a little nacho cheese sauce over the meat.
- Cover the meat with a crispy tostada shell and spread sour cream on the top of that.
- Sprinkle with lettuce and chopped tomatoes. And top with a little of both kinds of cheese.
- Add a small flour tortilla on top and then fold the sides up over the top to fully enclose everything.
- Heat a little oil in a large skillet. Add the crunchwrap and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until it is golden brown.
This makes for a fun dinner the whole family can enjoy. And the best thing is you can customize each one without any extra work. If someone doesn’t like sour cream, just leave it out!
So next time you are craving Taco Bell, you don’t have to get in your car, just whip up these at home instead. They are so much better, you will definitely thank me.
More Copycat Recipes
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Pesto Cavatappi
- Pasta Milano
- Breakfast 2AM Burger
- Pokey Sticks
- Olive Garden Breadsticks
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 6 crispy tostada shells
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 6 small taco sized flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large skillet brown ground beef until it is fully cooked. Drain any grease away. Add taco seasoning and water called for on the package and cook until the liquid is evaporated.
- Place 1 burrito size flour tortilla on the surface in front of you. Add about 1/4-1/3 cup of ground beef to the center. Top with approximately 2 Tbsp of nacho cheese sauce, and cover that with a tostada shell.
- Spread about 2 Tbsp of sour cream over the top of the tostada shell, and then sprinkle on lettuce, tomatoes, and both kinds of cheese.
- Top with the small flour tortilla and fold up the edges until it is fully wrapped up.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add about 1 teaspoon of oil and cook the crunchwrap for 3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Amount Per Serving Calories 607Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 85mgSodium 1296mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 7gSugar 5gProtein 29g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!