Monterey Chicken – A 30 minute chicken dinner loaded with smokey barbecue sauce, spicy tomatoes, lots of cheese and bacon! A family favorite for sure!
I am always looking for new chicken recipes to feed my family. I have made a ton over the years, but I still want more! Italian Stuffed Chicken is one of my go-tos, but sometimes, you just want to change it up.
My husband doesn’t always love when I just serve pieces of chicken for dinner. He wants lots going on. So that is why this Monterey Chicken is perfect. You have barbecue sauce, tomatoes, spice, cheese and bacon! You can’t get much better than that!
This Monterey Chicken was one of the first recipes I shared on the blog when I started in 2011. Today I am sharing it with you again and updating the pictures. It is definitely one you are going to want to add to your dinner plans soon!
Melty cheese gets pretty much anyone, and this chicken recipe is no exception. Your family will look forward to chicken night when this is on the menu! You can make this completely in one skillet or you can put the chicken in the oven to melt the cheese if you want. It gets a little more bubbly that way, but is definitely not necessary!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 14 oz can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, swirling to coat. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Top each piece of chicken with 1 Tbls barbecue sauce, 1 Tbls tomatoes, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and 1 Tbls bacon pieces.
- Cover and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Top with green onions to serve
Recipe from All the Simple Things
Amount Per ServingCalories 455Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 146mgSodium 1182mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 50g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.