Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake – a dense, soft, sweet, slightly tart and super moist lemon pound cake topped with a lemon glaze.
When I think of cake I always think of a layer cake with lots of frosting. I can’t seem to get that out of my head, even after I made a Poppy Seed cake that I absolutely loved. No frosting there. Or this Almond Cake that has no frosting or glaze. Just cake.
So today maybe I can change my way of thinking with this lemon ricotta pound cake. It is super moist, like you want a cake to be. I grew up on box cake mixes, and often times they can be dry. At least the chocolate ones. This pound cake is anything but dry.
Click HERE to get the full recipe.
This lemon ricotta pound cake is pretty easy to throw together. It bakes for about an hour, which is the hardest part. Just waiting! To get all that lemon flavor this recipe calls for not only lemon juice but also lemon zest as well as lemon extract. You can find the extract in the baking aisle next to the vanilla extract at your grocery store.
And because I can not leave well enough alone, I added a tart lemon glaze to the top of the cake. It really brings all the lemon together and makes the cake extra special. Pound cake is perfect for dessert or a snack with a cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon.
How to Make Ricotta Pound Cake
- Start by beating the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer until they are light and fluffy. This usually cakes a couple minutes.
- Beat in the eggs until they are fully incorporated.
- Next you add in the ricotta cheese as well as the lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon extract and the vanilla extract. Mix everything together until it is well combined.
- Then all the dry ingredients get mixed together and go into the butter mixture. Here you want to mix until everything is just combined, be careful not to over mix.
- Pour into a well greased loaf pan and bake until a tester comes out clean. This takes about an hour, but keep an eye on it. If the cake starts to get too dark on top you can cover with foil until it is done baking.
- After the cake has cooled you can pour the glaze over the top. Just mix together a little powdered sugar and lemon juice to make the glaze.
Pound cake is a very easy cake to make, there are no layers or frosting to worry about. Just a buttery and delicious cake that is ready with very little work!
You will notice this recipe calls for whole milk ricotta. This is part of what gives it the super moist and delicious flavor, so don’t skip and use the light stuff. It is definitely worth it for the whole milk in this recipe. Your cake will be creamier, richer and just more delicious.
Can You Freeze Pound Cake
Yes, you definitely cake. Skip the glaze and tightly wrap in plastic wrap and foil before placing in the freezer. When you are ready to use, thaw at room temperature and then top with the glaze. A great make ahead dessert for get togethers.
Today I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar. Click on Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake to get the full recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
**I have an on going relationship with Imperial Sugar for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.