Lemon Raspberry Muffins – lots of bright lemon flavor and fresh raspberries for a tender and delicious muffin. Great to have in the freezer for busy mornings!
I love when the weather starts to turn, and we are getting warmer days. That means summer is near! And you start seeing more and more produce, which is almost as good. We consume fresh berries by the pound during the summer. So it was kind of amazing I had enough to make these lemon raspberry muffins.
When fresh berries are not around, you can use frozen raspberries in these muffins and it works just as well. Sometimes frozen raspberries are cheaper too, so if that is what you have, then use them.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Oil – any oil or even melted butter works great
- Vanilla Extract
- Flour – the recipe calls for a mix of flours, but you can use completely all-purpose flour if that is what you have.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
How To Make Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Zest the lemon into a food processor. Add the sugar and pulse until the zest is fully incoporated into the sugar.
- Pour in the buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla extract. Plus until smooth and well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together both types of flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until they are just barely combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Scoop in the muffin tins and bake until lightly golden and a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Have extra raspberries? Don’t miss these Raspberry Crumble Bars!
If you have been here before, you know that we eat a lot of muffins. Chocolate Chip Muffins are my son’s all time favorite. I always have muffins in the freezer, and he can microwave them before school in the mornings easier. Cinnamon Roll Muffins are a close second, but I don’t always have those on hand.
I don’t know about your house, but mornings are kind of crazy here. My son has to be out the door by 7:10 at the latest, so getting breakfast in him has to be quick. And these lemon raspberry muffins are perfect. They use whole wheat flour, and lots of berries in there, and they can be made ahead of time.
Lemon Raspberry Muffins are fresh and bright in flavor, so they are perfect for spring or the middle of winter when you want it to be spring!
More Easy Muffin Recipes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
- Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
- Nutella Muffins
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- Bran Muffins
- French Toast Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip muffins
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour ( or all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen, (not thawed) raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin with spray or liners.
- Remove the zest from the lemon using a vegetable peeler. In a food processor combine lemon zest and sugar. Pulse until the zest is finally chopped and incorporated with the sugar.
- Add buttermilk, canola oil, egg and vanilla and pulse until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour and mix until almost blended.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Fill muffins tins about 2/3rd full. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 175Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 16mgSodium 280mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 2gSugar 10gProtein 4g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!