French Toast Muffins – Muffins with maple syrup and a hint of cinnamon, taste just like french toast. Top with powdered sugar and maple syrup for a true French Toast experience!
We had a great weekend. My in laws were here to celebrate my sons birthday. He turns 7 on Wednesday. They were able to get a last minute flight out here to surprise him. He was very excited when he woke up Friday morning to find them here.
They were able to see his flag football game yesterday. They didn’t win, but they played so much better than the week before. My 6 year old even managed to get 4 flags! He was so proud of himself. They have another game tonight, and 2 practices this week, so it will be a week full of football here!
It has been far too long since I have given you a muffin recipe. I made some with the left over Easter candy, but they never made it to the photo shoot 🙂 I made these french toast muffins last week, and they were a hit. They really do taste like french toast in a muffin form.
You even get to have a little syrup on top 🙂 As usual, I froze the leftovers, and they were still moist and tasty when I took them out. My 6 year old told me “Mommy, you always make the best home made stuff”.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin with liners or non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg, and melted butter.
- Stir the flour mixture with the buttermilk mixture until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3rd's full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and using a knife poke holes in the top of the muffins. Spoon maple syrup over each muffin.
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve. Serve with additional maple syrup if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 212Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 42mgSodium 265mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 4g