Blueberry Lemon Muffins – the perfect light and fluffy blueberry muffins with just the right amount of bright and fresh lemon!
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
We all know that I am a big fan of muffins. They are just like getting to have dessert for breakfast, and they are so easy to make and have on hand at all times. I always have at least one variety in my freezer, so busy mornings we can just grab and enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Muffins are my sons favorite, and I try to keep it a little healthier with these Chocolate Oatmeal Blender Muffins. But when berries are in season, they are perfect to throw into muffins!
Click HERE To get the FULL Recipe
Blueberry Muffins are a classic that everyone loves. How can you go wrong with big fresh berries bursting with flavor? The only thing you can do is add just the right amount of lemon to take them to a whole new level of deliciousness!
These blueberry lemon muffins are easy to make and a great addition to your spring and summer menu!
What You’ll Need
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Extract
Can you use frozen blueberries? Absolutely! They work great. I like to take advantage of the fresh berries, but frozen are great to use all year round. You may notice they tend to “bleed” just a little bit more, so they might not be quite as pretty, but you are going for taste, so it doesn’t matter!
How To Make Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Click HERE for the full recipe and instructions
- In an electric mixer cream together butter, sugar, and lemon zest until the mixture is nice and creamy. This can take about 2 minutes to get it really well combined.
- Add in the lemon juice, vanilla extract and egg until everything is fully incorporated.
- In a bowl toss the blueberries with 1/4 cup of the flour to coat them. Set that aside until you are ready to add them to the batter.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk until you have a batter that is just combined. Once the flour streaks are gone, stop mixing. You do not want to over mix the batter.
- Use a spatula to fold in the berries and the flour they were tossed with.
- Divide the batter among 12 muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffin Baking Tips
- This muffin recipe makes 12 regular size muffins. You could use the recipe to make 24 mini muffins, reduce the baking time to closer to 10 minutes, but keep an eye on them and check often. Or even 6 jumbo muffins, you will increase the baking time to closer to 25 minutes for these.
- Muffins freeze really well! Just let them cool completely and then store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Take out what you want and let it thaw on the counter or microwave for 30-40 seconds per muffin.
- This recipe calls for creaming the butter, make sure your butter is nice and soft so you can fully incorporate the sugar during this process. You don’t want it melted, just at room temperature.
- When a recipe says to mix your dry ingredients separately, don’t skip that step! This makes sure that you get the baking powder and salt fully incorporated with the flour and you have to mix the muffin batter less to make this happen. The more you mix muffin batter the tougher your muffins become.
- You can definitely use frozen blueberries in this recipe. You don’t need to thaw them first, just throw them in. They may bleed more than fresh berries, so you might have some blue streaks in your muffins.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Lemon Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Monkey Bread Muffins
- Breakfast Tacos
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Sous Vide Egg Bites
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Lemon Blueberry Muffins to get the FULL recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!