Raspberry Crumble Bars – buttery, soft, sweet, tart and delicious! The perfect dessert for those fresh raspberries.
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Fresh summer fruit makes for the best desserts. These Raspberry Crumble Bars use both fresh raspberries and raspberry jam for a sweet, tart, and tasty treat!
Click HERE for the recipe
When summer rolls around I am all about using all of the fresh fruit to make amazing desserts. They are always a highlight at get togethers or with family. I mean who is going to say no to a slice of fresh Strawberry Cake?!
These bars have an almost shortbread like crust topped with a mixture of raspberry jam and mashed fresh raspberries and then topped with a brown sugar and oatmeal crumb mixture. They are decant, sweet, tart, and the ultimate dessert.
Why You’ll Love These Raspberry Crumb Bars
- Great use of fresh fruit. Fresh raspberries are super juicy and delicious and this gives you all that delicious raspberry taste.
- Raspberries not in season? Don’t worry! You can make these with frozen fruit as well, and they will still be tasty.
- Super versatile! This is one of those recipes that you can change up a bunch of different ways. These Strawberry Crumb Bars are a version with strawberries. You could do any other fruit, a combination of fruit etc.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THESE
Click HERE to get the full recipe
- All-Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Quick Cooking Oats – you can use old fashioned as well, it is just thicker and a little chewier if you do.
- Raspberry Jam
- Fresh Raspberries
- Lemon Juice
How To Make Raspberry Crumble Bars
- Make the base. I like to use an electric mixer, but a food processor or even your hands work as well. Mix together the flour, sugar, and salt until it is the consistency of coarse sand. Reserve some of the mixture and sets aside for later. Press the rest into your 13×9 inch baking pan. Bake for about 15 minutes, until it is just starting to change to golden brown.
- Make berry mixture. Use a fork to gently mash your fresh raspberries, you want to leave some chunks, but not the whole berries. Mix together the raspberry jam, lemon juice, and mashed raspberries until well combined.
- Make crumble topping. Mix together the reserved base mixture with brown sugar, oats and butter. use your fingers to get this to the consistency of coarse sand.
- Assemble. After the base is golden brown remove from the oven, and spread the berry mixture evenly over the top. Sprinkle the crumble topping over until everything is evenly covered.
- Bake. Return the pan to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, until the top is browned and the filling is bubbly. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before slicing to serve.
Can I Use Frozen Raspberries
Yes! If it is not peak fresh raspberry season, don’t worry you can still make these! You want to take your frozen raspberries and let them thaw in a colander to get rid of the excess moisture. If you skip this step it could lead to soggy bars, so just drain the liquid and then proceed with the recipe.
How To Store Raspberry Crumble Bars
You can store these bars at room temperature for about 3 days. They will last 1-2 more days if you place them in the fridge.
Freezing – Yes, you can freeze them as well! Store in an airtight container in the freezer (I like to slice into bars first) for up to 3 months. Let them thaw on the counter before serving. They texture might change slightly, but they will still be good.
More Tasty Summer Dessert Recipes
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Crumble
- Lemon Cheesecake Cones
- Lemonade Pie
- Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Raspberry Sauce
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Raspberry Crumble Bars to get the FULL printable recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook,and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can
share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and
tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you
never miss a post!