Get ready for your summer get together with these 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats! Super easy to make and will disappear in no time. Fun, festive, and tasty for your 4th of July or any party!
Rice Krispie Treats are a classic treat that pretty much everyone out there likes! And you can mix them up and serve in a million different ways. These are dressed up for the 4th of July using just 2 extra ingredients. You could color them and make them actually red and blue similar concept to my Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats. But for the sake of less food coloring and less time, I am going the easy route!
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- Vanilla Extract
- White Chocolate
You can definitely use the recipe on the box you may have used for years, but that isn’t my favorite version. I like them to be gooey and denser, so I use a slightly different ratio of ingredients, as you will see in the recipe card below.
How To Make 4th Of July Rice Krispie Treats
- Make Rice Krispie Treats. Add marshmallows and butter to a large mixing bowl and place in the microwave for 60 seconds. Remove and stir until completely melted. If necessary heat again for 20 seconds. Add vanilla extract and pour in cereal. Mix until completely coated. Press mixture into a sprayed 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Let Set. Let the treats become solid, by letting them set up for about 2 hours. You can do this hours ahead of time or even place them in the fridge to speed up the process.
- Slice. Using a sharp knife, cut the rice krispie treats into squares and arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Decorate. Melt white chocolate and drizzle over the top of the squares. Shake your festive sprinkles over the top. Let the chocolate set up for about an hour before serving.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
- I like to remove the treats from the pan and place on a large baking tray, so it catches the extra chocolate and sprinkles and doesn’t make a mess. But this also allows you to get a little chocolate drizzling down the sides of each square, and decorate them all differently if you want, and just makes it easier than trying to cut them after the chocolate has hardened.
- Get creative with the decorating. You can use red and blue colored chocolate, sprinkles, you could even use frosting if you wanted. Just make them festive! Use a star shaped cookie cutter, and cut them into stars before decorating.
- Are you a chocolate fan? Usually in the summer you can find red, white and blue M&M’s, they would be great to mix in with the cereal or just sprinkle on top for a little bit of that chocolate-y goodness.
- I like to melt my marshmallows and butter together in a large microwave safe bowl, just cut the butter into cubes, so it melts in the same amount of time as the marshmallows. But if you like to use a saucepan, you can definitely go that route instead.
How To Store 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
Once the chocolate sets up, you can transfer these back to your 13×9 inch baking pan, or just store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
More Fun Summer Treats
- 4th Of July Poke Cake
- Patriotic Pretzels
- Red, White & Blue Muddy Buddies
- Patriotic Party Mix
- Red, White & Blue Jello Shots
- Strawberry Milkshakes
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 oz marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 1/2 cup melted white chocolate
- festive sprinkles
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Add marshmallows and butter to a large mixing bowl and place in the microwave for 60 seconds. Remove and stir until completely melted. If necessary heat again for 20 seconds.
- Add vanilla extract and pour in cereal. Mix until completely coated.
- Press mixture into a sprayed 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Let the treats become solid, by letting them set up for about 2 hours. You can do this hours ahead of time or even place them in the fridge to speed up the process.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the rice krispie treats into squares and arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over the top of the squares. Shake your festive sprinkles over the top.
- Let the chocolate set up for about an hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 140Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 10mgSodium 62mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!