Chocolate Covered Pretzels – super easy and fun treat for any occasion. A sweet and salt treat that you can make in minutes and decorate for any holiday. Pretzels dipping in white chocolate and coated in sprinkles.
Easy treats are a must all year round. And these chocolate covered pretzels can’t get much easier! Plus you can decorate them for any holiday or occasion by just using different sprinkles. Red, white and blue – perfect for Patriotic Pretzels for the 4th of July.
I grew up having chocolate covered pretzels using pretzel rods. And my mom would only make them at Christmas time. But I want them all the time. And I like the idea of using small pretzel twists, so you can 1 or 2 and then go back for more later.
There aren’t that many easy dessert recipes you can get done in 10 minutes, but these chocolate covered pretzels are one of them. Plus there is no oven involved, just melting a little chocolate in the microwave and that is it. Perfect for summer when you want something sweet that doesn’t involve heating up the house. And during the holiday season you want something easy that you can get done in just minutes.
What Kind of Chocolate Do You Use for Dipping Pretzels
I like to use candy melts or melting chocolate for this recipe because it melts smoother. I feel like the chocolate stays smoother longer as well, so you can dip all of the pretzels without having to re-melt again. You can use chocolate chips or other chocolates as well, you just have to work faster and may need to microwave the chocolate in the middle of dipping.
These pretzels are obviously all dressed up and ready for Valentine’s Day, but you don’t have you can use whatever color sprinkles or decorations that you want. You could even melt a different flavored chocolate to drizzle over the top. You really can’t go wrong.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- To make these chocolate covered pretzels all you have to do is melt white chocolate.
- Then you just dip the pretzels and shake off the excess. If you want to completely cover the pretzels you can use forks or toothpicks to dip the pretzels and then shake off the excess. For these I just held the pretzels and only coated about 3/4 of them.
- I find the easiest way to decorate is to hold the dipped pretzel over a bowl, and shake the sprinkles over the chocolate. This way all the extra sprinkles fall into the bowl and you can reuse them and it makes for easy clean up. If you are dipping the full pretzel you will shake the sprinkles over the the pretzels when they are setting up on a lined baking sheet.
How Do You Melt Chocolate for Dipping Pretzels
I think the easiest way to melt chocolate for this recipe is to use the microwave. Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time. You want to stir every 30 seconds to make sure you don’t burn the chocolate. If you have a double boiler you can use that as well. Heat over medium heat, stirring continually until the chocolate is smooth and completely melted.
How Long Do Chocolate Covered Pretzels Last
You want to store them in an air tight container and they will last for about a week. They don’t really go “bad” at that point, the pretzels just start to dry out and have a stale taste.
More Dessert Recipes to Try
- Chocolate Lava Cakes for Two
- Butter Pecan Pretzel Bars
- Mini Pavlovas
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Red Velvet Skillet Cookie
- Salted Caramel Crumble Bars
- Chocolate Saltine Toffee
- 1 pound white chocolate, , melted
- 1 bag pretzels
- colored sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Hold onto the top of the pretzel. Dip in melted chocolate. Gently shake off the excess.
- Hold over the lined baking sheet, sprinkle with the colored sprinkles.
- Place on baking sheet to let the chocolate harden.
Amount Per ServingCalories 215 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 8mg Sodium 63mg Carbohydrates 25g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 23g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g