Chocolate Covered Pretzels – super easy and fun treat for any occasion. A sweet and salt treat that you can make in minutes and decorate for any holiday. Pretzels dipped in your favorite chocolate and coated in sprinkles.
Easy treats are a must all year round. And these chocolate covered pretzels can’t get much easier! Plus you can decorate them for any holiday or occasion by just using different sprinkles. Red, white and blue – perfect for Patriotic Pretzels for the 4th of July.
I grew up having chocolate covered pretzels using pretzel rods. And my mom would only make them at Christmas time. But I want them all the time. And I like the idea of using small pretzel twists, so you can 1 or 2 and then go back for more later.
There aren’t that many easy dessert recipes you can get done in 10 minutes, but these chocolate covered pretzels are one of them. Plus there is no oven involved, just melting a little chocolate in the microwave and that is it. Perfect for summer when you want something sweet that doesn’t involve heating up the house. And during the holiday season you want something easy that you can get done in just minutes.
What Kind of Chocolate Do You Use for Dipping Pretzels
I like to use candy melts or melting chocolate for this recipe because it melts smoother. I feel like the chocolate stays smoother longer as well, so you can dip all of the pretzels without having to re-melt again.
You can use chocolate chips or other chocolates as well, you just have to work faster and may need to microwave the chocolate in the middle of dipping.
I love that you can make these pretzels for any holiday or occasion! Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or even a kids birthday party with their favorite color sprinkles. You could even melt a different flavored chocolate to drizzle over the top. You really can’t go wrong.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- To make these chocolate covered pretzels all you have to do is melt your favorite chocolate.
- Then you just dip the pretzels and shake off the excess. If you want to completely cover the pretzels you can use forks or toothpicks to dip the pretzels and then shake off the excess. For pretzel rods use a spoon to help coat the pretzel in chocolate.
- I find the easiest way to decorate is to hold the dipped pretzel over a bowl, and shake the sprinkles over the chocolate. This way all the extra sprinkles fall into the bowl and you can reuse them and it makes for easy clean up. If you are dipping the full pretzel you will shake the sprinkles over the the pretzels when they are setting up on a lined baking sheet.
How Do You Melt Chocolate for Dipping Pretzels
I think the easiest way to melt chocolate for this recipe is to use the microwave. Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time. You want to stir every 30 seconds to make sure you don’t burn the chocolate. If you have a double boiler you can use that as well. Heat over medium heat, stirring continually until the chocolate is smooth and completely melted.
How Long Do Chocolate Covered Pretzels Last
You want to store them in an air tight container and they will last for about a week. They don’t really go “bad” at that point, the pretzels just start to dry out and have a stale taste.
More Dessert Recipes to Try
- Chocolate Lava Cakes for Two
- Butter Pecan Pretzel Bars
- Mini Pavlovas
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Red Velvet Skillet Cookie
- Salted Caramel Crumble Bars
- Chocolate Saltine Toffee
- 1 pound chocolate (white, milk, dark etc.), melted
- 1 bag pretzels or pretzel rods
- colored sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Hold onto the top of the pretzel. Dip in melted chocolate. Gently shake off the excess. Hold over the a small bowl, sprinkle with the colored sprinkles. Place on lined baking sheet to set.
- For Pretzel Rods hold the pretzel over the bowl of chocolate and use a spoon to cover the rod with chocolate. Gently shake off the excess and place on lined baking sheet. Decorated with sprinkles.
- To completely dip pretzel twists, place pretzel in bowl of melted chocolate and use a fork to make flip and make sure it is coated. Gently shake off the excess and place on lined baking sheet. Decorated with sprinkles.
- Leave the pretzels on baking sheet to let the chocolate harden.
Amount Per Serving Calories 215Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 8mgSodium 63mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 0gSugar 23gProtein 2g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!